Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning Wood?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

My ODS is 11.  This morning when I woke him up, he was trying to hide himself as he got out of bed with his comforter.  When I turned my back to wake up his little brother, he jumped out of bed and immediately put his jeans on. I kinda saw a...bulge...as he was zipping up.  I pretended like I didn't notice and I didn't mention it, but I think I'll talk to DH about talking to ODS about it.

I remember when it started happening to my brother and he was shameless about it.  It was something my sisters and I weren't supposed to notice...or at least we weren't supposed to give any indication that we noticed.

Did your tween boy act embarrassed about this sign of puberty?

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I wake my sons up and walk out of the room. They get up after I leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting psych_mom:

I wake my sons up and walk out of the room. They get up after I leave.

If I walk out of the room while they're still in their beds they go back to sleep...LOL!  Maybe I can get the little one up and to the bathroom and give the big one a little privacy.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Are you positive that he doesn't just have to pee really badly?  

I can't say that I ever recall my 12 year old son having an actual erectin in the morning, but then again he gets up on his own.

Babujai
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I can't say that I ever recall my 12 year old son having an actual erectin in the morning, but then again he gets up on his own.

Maybe that was it.  After he got his jeans on he did head straight for the bathroom.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Babujai:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Maybe that was it.  After he got his jeans on he did head straight for the bathroom.

Morning wood is very common because they typically have held their pee all night long and have to go really badly.  That was honestly my first thought.  I live in a house of men/boys and have seen my fair share of morning wood that was quickly cured with a trip to the bathroom.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting Babujai:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Morning wood is very common because they typically have held their pee all night long and have to go really badly.  That was honestly my first thought.  I live in a house of men/boys and have seen my fair share of morning wood that was quickly cured with a trip to the bathroom.

You just described my house in the mornings, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)