Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Are they all back in school now?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

Have all the kids started back to school yet? It seems like Christmas flew right by, but Christmas break seemed to last forever here.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Yep, all 3 are either at school, or on their way. They were all bit grumpy this morning, too : )

The whole month of Dec through dd's and ds2's b-days (1/4 for dd and 1/8 for ds2) always seems to fly by in a blur for me- so much to do, so little time. . .

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
They went back today. The quiet will be nice but I miss them haha. Especially my youngest, he's mamas boy and loves to snuggle :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Debbie35
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Mine went back to school today. I'm very much enjoying the silence!!!!

brandi185
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

mine go back tomorrow.

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My kids went back to school right after new year's, but I would like to point out that, as a religious family, the Christmas season isn't quite over. In my church, we're not done with Christmas until thsi coming Sunday, the Feast of the Holy Family. We just celebrated "Little Christmas" (aka the Feast of the Three Kings) yesterday with my family.

psych_mom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

That's awesome. What kind of church do you go too? I love learning about different denominations and how they celebrate different things.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

My kids went back to school right after new year's, but I would like to point out that, as a religious family, the Christmas season isn't quite over. In my church, we're not done with Christmas until thsi coming Sunday, the Feast of the Holy Family. We just celebrated "Little Christmas" (aka the Feast of the Three Kings) yesterday with my family.

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We're Catholic. The "Little Christmas" tradition comes from my Puerto Rican background, but it is also a Catholic celebration.

Quoting psych_mom:

That's awesome. What kind of church do you go too? I love learning about different denominations and how they celebrate different things.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
jaytee
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Mine went back on the 2nd

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yes, they are back in school.  I'm ready to go climb back in bed.  It really sucks being up early again!

Msgme
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
My kids went back last Wednesday. they were suppose to have another break for about 10 next month but due to schools being closed after sandy we only get a 4 day weekend next month. but my high schoolers have a week off at the end of this month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN