Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

MEMORY LANE MONDAY: Snow days

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

What was your favorite thing to do when "THE" phone call came in? Were you a snowman builder, a sledder, or a cocoa and movies kind of person?

Do your kids enjoy the same activities as you did?

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Funny, but we didn't get phonecalls for snow days back when I was in school (1970's - 80's).  You had to listen to this ONE radio station to see if your school name was read and that is pretty much all that they did that morning was go through the list of closed schools in alphabetical order and cover the weather/road condidtions.

Anyway, we typically went sledding/tubing.  One of the perks of living in the country in a hilly part of the US is that you can sled in your own backyard.  In fact, we've never gone anywhere but our own backyard to sled. 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Build stuff (not just snowmen), throw snowballs at my sister, try and run through it if it was deep, snow angels, pull each other around the yard on the sled, go sledding (when we lived in CO, we had a park the next block over that had an awesome sledding hill!), and then thaw out w/ hot chocolate.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM
We never had snow days.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM

We have to go to the snow if we want to see snow.  I live about an hour and 15 minutes away from the snow (3 hours from where I used to live).  We love to go sledding.  We went on the Sunday before NYE.  Oh...I bit hard.  One of the dads made a ramp and I flew off and my face came down first.  One of my friends has a great picture of me in the air.  My other friend, unfortunately, has it on video.  hahaha

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I usually stayed in and watched TV. My kids love to play out in the cold and snow.... ugh. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM

First I would go back to sleep. Later on I would warm up with some hot chocolate, and then eventually go outside to enjoy the snow with building snowmen and sleeding.

My boys like to sleep in on snow days and they stay inside to watch movies and play video games.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)