Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

If there is a good reason to be a board member on Little League...this is it!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

Our Little League reg fees are expensive.  For 3 girls, I would have paid $405.  By being on the board, I only had to pay $125.  I guess I will be on the board for awhile.  haha

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM

OH nice!! Our fees are $225 per sport per child, no family discounts or discounts for board members...lol

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM

This is the main reason why I teach CCD at our church.  I would otherwise have to pay a $40 registration fee for my boys and it is waived since I volunteer with the CCD program.

Our sports programs don't cut you a break for being on the board or even coaching.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Sweet.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We usually get a break on the price if more than one sibling plays the sport. Not sure on the cost if we join the board or not.

But that is a great reason for the amount of money you are saving.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I have no idea what sport fees are in our area since mine aren't into that, but I do know that one of the main reasons I volunteered to work at dd's Girl Scout daycamp last summer was b/c she got to go free if I did so!

psych_mom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Whew... that's crazy expensive.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

Whew... that's crazy expensive.

Yes, it is.  Even though the league can actually afford to reduce the fees, they have not and it wasn't until I got on the board that I figured out why. 

The community we live in is still pretty new.  There are a lot of parks but we don't have a Little League park just yet so we have to get permits for every single field we want to use.  We have a lot of kids playing in the league.  Also, even though the fields are city owned, the league is responsible for upkeeping everything which can cost a lot.  The Little League park (3 fields) that they are currently building is going to help but its still going to be city owned and we are responsible for everything still. 

The area that my sister lives in (which isn't too far from here), the city takes care of all the parks and fields.

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

My sister-in-law hasn't put her oldest in Little League yet because of the costs (they just bought a house and had their 4th baby, and she's a SAHM). I even offered to give him all my son's T-ball gear because he is NOT using that again.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Quoting wenchmommy381:

My sister-in-law hasn't put her oldest in Little League yet because of the costs (they just bought a house and had their 4th baby, and she's a SAHM). I even offered to give him all my son's T-ball gear because he is NOT using that again.

Leagues usually have fee assistance programs.  She just needs to ask if their league has one.

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Leagues usually have fee assistance programs.  She just needs to ask if their league has one.

I'll let her know. Thanks.

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)