Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Such a good Big sister

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

I just wanted to share what a good big sister my 10yr old dd is to her baby sister who is 11 months old. She just loves playing with her, holding her and cuddling her. She will watch her while we grab showers or while I do laundry, dishes, or cook dinner. She even changes diapers! Yes even poopie ones! Just wanted to brag!

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

That is good.  I am a little over 10 years older than my youngest brother and I did all of those things as well.  Then again, it was expected of me.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Awesome daughter!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:45 PM

My oldest was VERY excited to get TWO baby sisters.  She would brag all day to her preschool friends.  She wanted to do everything for them...even change their diapers.  She is only 2 years and 10 months older than them too.  haha. 

She wanted to put them to sleep, give them a bottle, and help change them. 

To this day, she will try to be bossy towards them but I can see that her bossiness is more about protecting them.  For example, she spent the night at her friend's house on Friday.  While she was there, we got our twins their ears pierced.  When I picked her up the next day, she said, "I need to make sure their ears pierced is done correctly."  She said this very seriously too.

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Aww
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

My oldest was VERY excited to get TWO baby sisters.  She would brag all day to her preschool friends.  She wanted to do everything for them...even change their diapers.  She is only 2 years and 10 months older than them too.  haha. 

She wanted to put them to sleep, give them a bottle, and help change them. 

To this day, she will try to be bossy towards them but I can see that her bossiness is more about protecting them.  For example, she spent the night at her friend's house on Friday.  While she was there, we got our twins their ears pierced.  When I picked her up the next day, she said, "I need to make sure their ears pierced is done correctly."  She said this very seriously too.

So cute!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM

That is awesome!  baby in sling

I am 8 years older than my younger sister. I was really jealous when she was born, I was not a good big sister in the beginning.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Changes stinky diapers?! Impressive!

And here I thought it was great that ds1 volunteered to change a few wet diapers when his sister was an infant (7 yrs between them). . .   : )

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM
:)
Emeraldmama7
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My 11 yr old is the same way, even though there are 5 more brothers and sisters inbetween her and the youngest.  She always offers, I rarely have to ask.  It sounds like we are very lucky mamas to have such nurturing and responsible young ladies!

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(11), Autumn(10), Mariah(9), Matthew(8), Blake(7), Laila(3), and Athena born 9/14!!!!

embrigmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

My 11 yr old is the same way, even though there are 5 more brothers and sisters inbetween her and the youngest.  She always offers, I rarely have to ask.  It sounds like we are very lucky mamas to have such nurturing and responsible young ladies!

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(11), Autumn(10), Mariah(9), Matthew(8), Blake(7), Laila(3), and Athena born 9/14!!!!

I feel very lucky! She'll be playing with her sister and notice she needs a diaper and just change it without saying anything. She loves playing with her sister and will often ask me if she can take her to play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)