Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Consents......

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 17 Replies
Do you sign consents for your child to be in public newspapers or to be photographed by the school?

If so, do you feel it includes social media or does the consent state social media?

Are you okay with your child's pic being posted on a schools public website page?

Even if you are okay with it do you feel the need to approve pics that are posted of your child ?

Just wondering everyone's opinion on this issue. There is no right or wrong answer. Please post your comments in a respectful adult manner....no bashing please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I do give permission for them to be photographed at school. I never thought of them putting the pictures on the school website. Maybe I will reconsider next year.

stuswf
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM
That's the same thing I thought!!!! I didn't feel it was explained or written well in the consent !!! Thanks for your reply

Quoting diaperstodating:

I do give permission for them to be photographed at school. I never thought of them putting the pictures on the school website. Maybe I will reconsider next year.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I trust my girls' principal. He is the one that would have the last approval and he really strives to protect the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

We give permission, even for the district/school websites. Unless it is for a team or club event, names are not listed on the website pictures.

psych_mom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Our school policy has a specific place for us to sign for pictures on the school website and things like that.

Msgme
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I do give permsission and don't have an issue with her picture being posted by the school on the web. they often post pics and vids from her afterschool dance class or band. They don't post to social media sites but they do on the website.  To be honest i wouldnt care if it was posted on Fb either.   My older dd gets her pic on her Highschools fb page almost every other day. 

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I used to imagine that the only reason a parent wouldn't give permission would be if the family was in the Witness Protection Program....

I always give permission, and I figured it goes without saying that it would include online publication. Doesn't bother me one. Perhaps if I had run into trouble in the past I wouldn't give permission anymore. 

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Not for nothing, but why would there be bashing involved?

catngabsmom
by Erica on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Quoting stuswf:

Do you sign consents for your child to be in public newspapers or to be photographed by the school?

yes, we live in a smallish town with an independent small town paper, all of the kids in the community like to look at the back cover each week to see if their picture is in it

If so, do you feel it includes social media or does the consent state social media?

ours state which social media sources may be used, i can't see denying permission since i have shared my childrens pics on CM and FB on a fairly regular basis

Are you okay with your child's pic being posted on a schools public website page?

yes, i am good with that too. while i love our school district and all the wonderful things offered, it is not an easy to navigate page, and pics are not updated on a regular basis. there is a pic on there of my oldest dd when she was in 1st grade, she is in 5th now.

Even if you are okay with it do you feel the need to approve pics that are posted of your child ?
no, i don't need to see the pic to approve it. i did opt that my childrens first names and last initials only be used in any publication.

Just wondering everyone's opinion on this issue. There is no right or wrong answer. Please post your comments in a respectful adult manner....no bashing please

Erica

Mom to
Caterina-11
Gabriella-9.5
TwinSoccerMom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

LOL! Yeah, I have thought that as well.

And if I didn't trust the school to make good choices I wouldn't send them there.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I used to imagine that the only reason a parent wouldn't give permission would be if the family was in the Witness Protection Program....

I always give permission, and I figured it goes without saying that it would include online publication. Doesn't bother me one. Perhaps if I had run into trouble in the past I wouldn't give permission anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN