Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What to do? 6th grade politics

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

My sons teacher told me a story at his IEP meeting that blew me away. Basically a girl that has common classes with my son made a spectacle of herself at her own teacher parent conference. At the end of her conference her mom passed out sanitary wipes and tissues. The girl stated that my son was picking his nose and wiping it all over the computers and so on. She said this in front of common teachers that they share. Her mom made reference about my son too. I dont them from Adam. 

His teacher proceeded to tell me that what the girl said is very unwarranted because she was diverting attention away from her own situation. Also he has never seen or heard of him doing this and also the other teachers stated the same thing to him and wanted to let me know. And the only reason why they're telling me this is because they want to make sure there was no Bullying issue.

As I far as I know he has no idea about this. 

Mother of two boys and wife of a great man!
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Honestly, I would completely forget about it.  If the teachers have never noticed your son picking his nose, and if you've never noticed it either, chances are it doesn't happen.  The teachers are aware that this other girl is having some issues and I'm sure that they'll keep an eye out for possible bullying on the school front.  If you get any indications of bullying from your son, then contact the teachers/principal.

psych_mom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like the teacher was trying to watch out for your son.

Barabell
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting psych_mom:

Sounds like the teacher was trying to watch out for your son.

I agree, and I think it's good that they're following up with you to make sure that you keep an eye out for signs that that girl could be bullying or picking on him.

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That's nice of them to inform you of the incident. It sorta gave you a heads up for bullying. And it shows that they pay attention to the students as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN