Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Make the cabinet doors solid instead of glass and the stove a regular one instead of stainless steel, and my opinion would be upgraded from "really like" to "love" : )

catngabsmom
by Erica on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Stainless steel on a commercial style stove is much easier to maintain than the stainless stuff you buy at the appliance stores these days. A stove is the only appliance I would have stainless steel, and only if I had a commercial grade stove!

Quoting wakymom:

Make the cabinet doors solid instead of glass and the stove a regular one instead of stainless steel, and my opinion would be upgraded from "really like" to "love" : )

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I love the flooring and the stove.  I love the style of the cabinets, but am not a fan of colored cabinets, I prefer natural wood.  I do like the overall style of the room though.

I agree with all of your comments.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM

It has nothing to do w/ caring for it- I just don't care for the look of stainless steel. I know I'm probably in the minority in that. . .

Quoting catngabsmom:

Stainless steel on a commercial style stove is much easier to maintain than the stainless stuff you buy at the appliance stores these days. A stove is the only appliance I would have stainless steel, and only if I had a commercial grade stove!

Quoting wakymom:

WandaSue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM

like it! would love it if the cabinets were a different color

kmrtigger
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Love the layout. Like the stove, except the shelf, because I would clutter it with spices. Not a fan of hiding the fridge with the cabinet front. But that does look all except the door handle NEEDS to match the other cabinets. So I'd change the door handles to match the fridge one. Not a huge fan of the glass doors on the cabinets. But they do look nice in this layout. LOVE the floor. Do not like the basket covered bottles on the counter. And not a huge fan of the light fixtures, but they work with the stove. And I see a hidden dishwasher as well. That I do like. I could live with the color of the cabinets, but would prefer antique white.

catngabsmom
by Erica on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
No, I get it, I prefer the black appliances over stainless steel, but if someone gave me a 6 burner, commercial grade Viking, I would be ecstatic!!!

Quoting wakymom:

It has nothing to do w/ caring for it- I just don't care for the look of stainless steel. I know I'm probably in the minority in that. . .

Quoting catngabsmom:

Quoting wakymom:

psych_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I would jump all over it if someone gave me a commericial grade stove. When we redo our kitchen I want to put a commercial grade range in- I love to cook and I need a larger stove. Unfortunately I can't have gas though, but I have adjusted to cooking with electric.

Quoting catngabsmom:

No, I get it, I prefer the black appliances over stainless steel, but if someone gave me a 6 burner, commercial grade Viking, I would be ecstatic!!!

Quoting wakymom:

Quoting catngabsmom:

Quoting wakymom:

catngabsmom
by Erica on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM
When we built 12 years ago, I made sure I had a gas line and a 220v installed in the kitchen and laundry room. I prefer has, but I have the capability of both!

Quoting psych_mom:

I would jump all over it if someone gave me a commericial grade stove. When we redo our kitchen I want to put a commercial grade range in- I love to cook and I need a larger stove. Unfortunately I can't have gas though, but I have adjusted to cooking with electric.

Quoting catngabsmom:

Quoting wakymom:

Quoting catngabsmom:

Quoting wakymom:

psych_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

If we had built our house, I would definitely have had a gas line put in, but it was already built. I love the house so it is a small sacrifice to pay.

Quoting catngabsmom:

When we built 12 years ago, I made sure I had a gas line and a 220v installed in the kitchen and laundry room. I prefer has, but I have the capability of both!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting catngabsmom:

Quoting wakymom:

Quoting catngabsmom:

Quoting wakymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN