Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who takes care of you???

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

I picked up my oldest daughter from school yesterday because she wasn't feeling well.  She felt better today (or at least she was trying to convince me).  She had no fever and she her throat is a little scratchy but she feels fine.  Of course, when the kids are sick, we as parents are there checking in on them and making us comfortable, right?

Well, now I'm feeling sick too.  No fever right now....just feeling a little achy.  Unfortunately, I have to go to work because I have events for my students.  I'm trying to keep myself hydrated and such.  What's funny is that this morning I'm laying on the bed after I get dressed to rest my body for a few minutes longer and my husband comes in and says "not feeling well?"  I replied that I wasn't.  "Oh"  and that's it.  :( 

I guess every once in awhile I wouldn't mind a little TLC too. 

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I feel your pain.  Why is it that we take care of the kids when they are sick and the husband when he is sick, but no one takes care of us?  Don't get my wrong, my husband loves me to death, but does almost nothing to take care of me when I'm sick.

I'll never forget the time that my boys were little (5 and 2 maybe) and I had a stomach virus.  I was living in the bathroom all night long.  He got up the next morning, got himself ready, and left for work.  I was ready to kill him.

movieq
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I'm very fortunate I guess.  My boyfriend takes very good care of me when I'm sick, making sure I'm comfortable and getting me what I need.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My hubby is a little weird. He asks me if I am okay frequently when I don't feel well, but will tell me "I know you are sick, but you still seem sad/depressed/pissed off so I am asking what else is wrong." As if acknowledging that I al unwell is supposed to magically make me act as if I feel better And if I don't, then something else must be wrong.
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
DH will do what he can to help me but honestly, I just prefer to be left alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BKozICan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sick now and dh is a gem. Yesterday I had a fever (and may have been a little delusional;-), he bundled me in a comforter, made dinner for our boys, made me a baked potato and tea, got boys into bed and screened my phone calls so I could relax. Then, he made me a bed on the couch and took the baby monitor with him so the kids wouldn't wake me during the night. I was feeling better this morning, but he took personal time and took our older son to school (younger was home sick too). He called and checked on me, offered to go get juice on lunch hour and take more personal time to pick son up this afternoon.

When I told him I appreciated it, all he said was "you're my wife and I love you." I am truly blessed.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM

That is another thing that annoys the crap out of me.  When I'm sick, I sleep on the couch.  When he is sick, I sleep on the couch.  How unfair is that?  One would think that the sick person should be the one comfortable in bed.

Quoting BKozICan:

I'm sick now and dh is a gem. Yesterday I had a fever (and may have been a little delusional;-), he bundled me in a comforter, made dinner for our boys, made me a baked potato and tea, got boys into bed and screened my phone calls so I could relax. Then, he made me a bed on the couch and took the baby monitor with him so the kids wouldn't wake me during the night. I was feeling better this morning, but he took personal time and took our older son to school (younger was home sick too). He called and checked on me, offered to go get juice on lunch hour and take more personal time to pick son up this afternoon.

When I told him I appreciated it, all he said was "you're my wife and I love you." I am truly blessed.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM

It's this way with my husband snores. 

I text my husband and said I was feeling well and told him that he will have to do dinner and homework by himself because as soon as I get home, I'm going to bed.  I set up a plan ahead of time.  The only thing about this is the girls will follow me wherever I go. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

That is another thing that annoys the crap out of me.  When I'm sick, I sleep on the couch.  When he is sick, I sleep on the couch.  How unfair is that?  One would think that the sick person should be the one comfortable in bed.

Quoting BKozICan:

BKozICan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:27 PM

For me, I can't hear the kids from the livingroom, but bedroom is right beside. Anyway, our couch is comfy.

i don't like it, though, when he's snoring and one of us has to move.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting BKozICan:

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM

My husband takes care of me usually. My son has even helped cook for me when I'm sick.

I'm sick right now, and I was behind on my chores. My son was nice enough to cook dinner last night because my husband wasn't feeling well either. It was just frozen food to be cooked in the oven, but it was a huge help!

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM

If I've got it really bad, my mom will come by and clean up and look after the kids. But it has to be REALLY bad.

Generally speaking I take care of myself so that I don't have to "take care of myself." I make sure to eat well, exercise, take vitamins, sleep well, and keep things clean when the others get sick so that I'm not following them. If I do feel it coming on, I usually put on some sweats, take a double dose of Robitussin and bundle up under the blankets to sleep it off. I'm almost always fine the next morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)