Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Who takes care of you???

Posted by   + Show Post

I picked up my oldest daughter from school yesterday because she wasn't feeling well.  She felt better today (or at least she was trying to convince me).  She had no fever and she her throat is a little scratchy but she feels fine.  Of course, when the kids are sick, we as parents are there checking in on them and making us comfortable, right?

Well, now I'm feeling sick too.  No fever right now....just feeling a little achy.  Unfortunately, I have to go to work because I have events for my students.  I'm trying to keep myself hydrated and such.  What's funny is that this morning I'm laying on the bed after I get dressed to rest my body for a few minutes longer and my husband comes in and says "not feeling well?"  I replied that I wasn't.  "Oh"  and that's it.  :( 

I guess every once in awhile I wouldn't mind a little TLC too. 

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (11-16):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Wanna know what it really is?? My DH needs to be told what to do. I think, in general, men are like this. DH is incapable of having empathy and initiating things on his own. If I give him tasks....he will do it.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I feel your pain.  Why is it that we take care of the kids when they are sick and the husband when he is sick, but no one takes care of us?  Don't get my wrong, my husband loves me to death, but does almost nothing to take care of me when I'm sick.

I'll never forget the time that my boys were little (5 and 2 maybe) and I had a stomach virus.  I was living in the bathroom all night long.  He got up the next morning, got himself ready, and left for work.  I was ready to kill him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperLooneyMom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I just got over a bad head cold. And because I work at cvs pharmacy I don't have a reason to be out sick. So I've been at work for the last year straight with migraines, colds, aches, pains , fevers and ladies day(bad one). For every time I call in sick I get a point against me.

But if I were home sick my dh asks me I I need anything. He may deal with the kids. But usually I deal with them sick or not. When my dh is sick I usually take care of the kids. So I take care of me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Since I have an autoimmune disease I have a crappy immune system at times. My husband is great and takes great care of me. I was really dealt a cruddy hand health wise and he doesn't ever get impatient with me or get upset if our plans have to change. He deals with my pain and my migraines as they come. My ex wasn't like that though. He got mad if I got sick or had surgery or anything. I busted a c-section incision open because he was yelling at me about doing laundry a week after I had our 1st son and he wouldn't leave me alone until I did it, so when I bent down to grab some clothes, it tore open.

Jebekarue
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM

My husband is ok, with taking care of me, if its just cold or flu he could be a little better, but he at least will cook dinner.  I had shoulder surgery 4 years ago and my appendix out a year and a half ago and he was wonderful.  My son, he is really good, caring, worrier as whether someone is feeling ok or not.  When I got sick with my appendix and was throwing up he heard me and put a cold cloth on my neck patted my head and went and got dh, it was like 3 am and then after my surgery and I got home he was always asking if I needed anything.  He was like 15.  If he hears his sister throwing up before I do he will rush her to the bathroom and get her a cool cloth too and then come and get us.

DH is the vomit cleaner upper.  I can't be in the room, I can't hear it, so I get to snuggle and try and make the kids feel better when they are done while he cleans it up :)  DS on the other hand has my stomach and can't clean it up.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I whole heartedly agree with you 100% and then some.

Quoting M4LG5:

Wanna know what it really is?? My DH needs to be told what to do. I think, in general, men are like this. DH is incapable of having empathy and initiating things on his own. If I give him tasks....he will do it.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I feel your pain.  Why is it that we take care of the kids when they are sick and the husband when he is sick, but no one takes care of us?  Don't get my wrong, my husband loves me to death, but does almost nothing to take care of me when I'm sick.

I'll never forget the time that my boys were little (5 and 2 maybe) and I had a stomach virus.  I was living in the bathroom all night long.  He got up the next morning, got himself ready, and left for work.  I was ready to kill him.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Me, myself and I.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)