Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Her first student council meeting and she can't be there

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter has been waiting to be on student council since the 3rd grade.  4th grade is when they can be on student council so she has had this in her thoughts for over a year.  When she got elected, she was so excited and pretty much bugged whoever she had to bug to find out the first student council meeting.  haha.

Today is the first meeting and she can't be there.  She tried to tell me that she was feeling fine for the past two days but yesterday I got a call that she had a fever.  I'm not feeling well either and both of us were in bed by 7pm last night.  I told her that she needs a full day off.  She is bummed but she knows it will be better for her in the long run. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
psych_mom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Poor girl. Dana can relate to how she feels. She had been waiting for a while to get the call that there was a spot finally at a very well know, sought out gymnastics school here and the call finally came a week from last Thursday. She was suppose to start last Thursday, but she had a fever and a horrible cough so we had to delay it by a week :(. It broke my heart to see the disappointment on her face.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I know it's too late to ask, but would it be possible to Skype the meeting?

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Even if the principal would have set it up, she probably would have coughed the entire meeting. She is even willing to use her "free homework" pass she earned for missing today's homework....which she is the type to save until the end.

Quoting kmrtigger:

I know it's too late to ask, but would it be possible to Skype the meeting?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Aw, that sucks. :(

I hope she feels better soon!!!

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
:(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)