Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

"Elf" is a very educational movie!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter has a school project:  a diorama of a biome.  In the diorama, she needs to pick several animals and plants that are in their selected biome.  She selected a tundra.  In her research, she found a narwhal.  She said she knew what a narwhal is because of "Elf" and began to recite the lines in her best voice impersonation:

"Bye Buddy.  I hope you find your dad."

"Thanks, Mr. Narwhal."

*Who says movies like "Elf" are not educational?  haha

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brandi185
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

i actually learned quite a bit from the tv show lost.  i was one of those crazy researchers.  also, dh, the kids, and i were at the art museum downtown and i pointed out that one of the paintings was of michael and lucifer.  then i leaned in and whispered to dh, "i learned that from supernatural".  that's a tv show.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Lol
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Lol!

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

My oldest son did a research project on the narwhal in third grade.  They had to pick an animal that started with the same letter as their first name.

I am so tired of the silly teenage boys yelling "SANTA" at the top of their lungs that I don't even want to think about watching Elf any time soon.  That was the only down side to working with the big man.

psych_mom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Cool. I haven't ever really watched it but it is good that she learned something from it.

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM

After watching Madagascar my son wanted to know if the animals shown were really indigenous to that island and we looked it up together.  You never know when you will find a teachable moment, right?

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
That is cute.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I was wondering the side effects of that job, lol.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My oldest son did a research project on the narwhal in third grade.  They had to pick an animal that started with the same letter as their first name.

I am so tired of the silly teenage boys yelling "SANTA" at the top of their lungs that I don't even want to think about watching Elf any time soon.  That was the only down side to working with the big man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)