Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plans for the weekend?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

Does anyone have anything fun planned?  Do you get a 3-day weekend?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

As a member of the board, I have to be at the little league registration on Saturday.  That will be from 9 - noon.  After that we are supposed to meet some friends to play flag football but a bunch of people have been sick so i'm wondering if they are going to cancel. 

Sunday, we are definitely watching the niners play!!!!! 

My girls want to do their one-on-one time so my DH and I will tag-team who is taking who and when and where. 

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM

The usual kid activities Saturday morning.

It's also my mother's 70th birthday.  I planned a dinner for family at a restaurant.  Fingers crossed that it's good.  There are 15 picky people coming. 

We will also probably have her over for dinner Sunday night b/c my girls want to celebrate with her also.

I have off on Monday but... the construction workers will be at the house. UGH! We are at week 2 and I'm already sick of it. I'm trying to save up all of our errands for Monday since we'll need to be out of the house.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys were out at noon today and don't go back to school until Tuesday.

We don't have anything exciting planning this weekend.  This afternoon we worked on rearranging our familyroom.  My dad got the boys a computer and work station for Christmas and we are going to get that set up tomorrow.  We also have some yard work that we need to tackle since it is going to be warm tomorrow.  Other than that, we'll just relax and hibernate.  lol

SuperLooneyMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I'm spending my Friday in the hospital. My dad is in for heart problems and I'm needing to be here.
If all goes well, I'll be camping with my dd at Girl Scout camp. It'll be fun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM

We get a 3 day weekend, but it won't be much fun- ds2 has a bunch of make-up schoolwork to do (he had eye surgery on Tues and has been home all week recovering) and ds1 is grounded. Dd will be singing w/ the children's choir at church on Sun. morning, so that will be nice : )

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I am going to be setting up my sewing room. The kids are out for three days, dh has to work all three of them and I may or may not have to intern on Monday.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM
We got a four day weekend. Kids begged to go to grandpas. We went and bought a few new beds for their rooms and they knew what was about to happen. MAJOR cleaning. So they dipped, lol.

So hubby and I put them to get and sorted and reorganized two of the three too.s. We have one more to do.

we also hung out and played cards with friends and drank. And watched a movie.

Did some laundry and about to tackle the final room today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM

We went to an out of town hockey tournament this past weekend. It was a lot of fun. Our kids didn't place, but they won 3 out of 4 games. Great time!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Barabell:

We went to an out of town hockey tournament this past weekend. It was a lot of fun. Our kids didn't place, but they won 3 out of 4 games. Great time!

Great job!  Glad you had a great time!!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

I am going to be setting up my sewing room. The kids are out for three days, dh has to work all three of them and I may or may not have to intern on Monday.

So did you get the room set up?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)