Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

"Mom, you are not embarrassing." Whew!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 11 Replies

We were watching an episode of "Good Luck Charlie" and it was the one where the mom worked as the school nurse for Gabe's school and he didn't want her to tell anyone that she is his mom.

Well, I asked the girls how they would feel if Daddy or I worked at their school.  Actually, they would love it and my oldest said, "Mom, you are not embarrassing."

WHEW!!!  So glad to know my tween doesn't think of me as embarrassing.  haha

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Cute!  My daughter said something similar to me and I was shocked!  She's always mocking me! LOL!  I just am NOT allowed to dance! LOL!

psych_mom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Awesome. I think that parents in real life aren't as embarrassing as TV likes to portray them.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

Awesome. I think that parents in real life aren't as embarrassing as TV likes to portray them.

Actually, I remember my sister being completely embarrassed of my parents.  she didn't want them to come near her, sit near her, talk to her in front of her friends when she was in junior high. 

psych_mom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I think parents today aren't the same as parents of the 80s and 90s, if that makes any sense. We seem to be more open with our kids about a lot of things and we try to make sure that we don't embarrass them in front of their friends and that sort of thing- not that our parents did it intentionally, I just think we are more aware of it.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting psych_mom:

Actually, I remember my sister being completely embarrassed of my parents.  she didn't want them to come near her, sit near her, talk to her in front of her friends when she was in junior high. 

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Go ahead and laugh, but I've never heard of that show.  lol  I don't get much pop culture under this darn rock!

My boys are totally cool with me being at their school so often.  Most of their friends think that I work there because I'm there so often.  Now my nephew is a totally different story.  He is so easily embarrassed and actually hides behind other kids when he spots me.  Go figure.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

That was so nice of her to say that!! :-)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM
It's a show on The Disney Channel.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Go ahead and laugh, but I've never heard of that show.  lol  I don't get much pop culture under this darn rock!

My boys are totally cool with me being at their school so often.  Most of their friends think that I work there because I'm there so often.  Now my nephew is a totally different story.  He is so easily embarrassed and actually hides behind other kids when he spots me.  Go figure.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I remember that episode! Not sure if my boys would be comfortable with me working at their school or not.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I agree.

Quoting psych_mom:

Rogue35
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
That is sweet. We watch Good Luck Charlie too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)