Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What's the adult, mature way of saying "I told you so"?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, I don't know if you remember my post a few months ago about recommending new divisions for softball.  If you don't, here is a quick recap:

Our league probably has the most softball players than surrounding leagues BUT we broke down the league into 4 divisions which means only 3 teams are in each division and outside leagues are not interleaguing with us because their divisions don't align with our divisions.  Also, the board members felt that WE had the divisions right and THEY should change their divisions.  As a result, instead of changing it to have only 3 divisions (to have more teams per division and its better for development purposes), they argued with me to keep the divisions as they are and we are stuck in the same situation as we have always been.

Well, the Vice President for softball went to district meeting and the DISTRICT is mandating all the leagues in the district to change their divisions - which, ironically, aligns the same exact way as I had proposed! hahahahahaha

Several emails have been passed back and forth and not ONE person wants to admit or acknowledge that it is the same idea I had brought to the board.  hahahahahaha

I do want to say something but in an adult, mature way because how they treated me and argued with me was ridiculous.  I mean, one guy wanted to walk out of the meeting because he didn't agree with what I was saying.  I don't necessarily want to say "I told you so" but I feel like I have the right to say something.

thoughts?  ideas?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this

You know that I'm always a model of maturity and political correctness.  This would be my response

sticking out tongue

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

You know that I'm always a model of maturity and political correctness.  This would be my response

sticking out tongue

Should I add a little dance to that?

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting steelcrazy:

sticking out tongue

Should I add a little dance to that?

Yes, I think that would be very appropriate.  lol

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

So, I'm thinking of one of these two responses:

1.  As all of you already know, I am fully supportive of this new structure.

or

2.  What a great idea!  I wish I would have thought about that.

hahahaha

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you should take ownership of it:

"I'm so glad that the proposal I created was also agreed upon by the district."

Lorena
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I would just giggle to myself and let it go.
But I do like the idea of taking ownership and then doing an I told you so dance lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Exactly. I would do as suggested. Take ownership. And do the face and dance to go along with it!

dancingsticking out tongue

psych_mom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Agreed!

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Exactly. I would do as suggested. Take ownership. And do the face and dance to go along with it!

catngabsmom
by Erica on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

this is what i would go with also!!!! 

the same thing happens to me at every PTO meeting, something is brought up, i make a suggestion, it gets shot down immediately, within a week, my idea is set in place and utilized. one day the world will appreciate my brilliance and listen to me the first time around!!!

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Erica

Mom to
Caterina-11
Gabriella-9.5
PTmomma3
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
While I would want to tell them response #2, the answer to your original question of what the adult, mature response is I'd say response #1 is perfect. I'm sure they are waiting for the "I told you so" and dreading it horribly. They will be pleasantly surprised when you respond as an adult and who knows? They might follow suit and start acting like one themselves.

Quoting M4LG5:

So, I'm thinking of one of these two responses:

1.  As all of you already know, I am fully supportive of this new structure.

or

2.  What a great idea!  I wish I would have thought about that.

hahahaha

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)