Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What's the adult, mature way of saying "I told you so"?

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I don't know if you remember my post a few months ago about recommending new divisions for softball.  If you don't, here is a quick recap:

Our league probably has the most softball players than surrounding leagues BUT we broke down the league into 4 divisions which means only 3 teams are in each division and outside leagues are not interleaguing with us because their divisions don't align with our divisions.  Also, the board members felt that WE had the divisions right and THEY should change their divisions.  As a result, instead of changing it to have only 3 divisions (to have more teams per division and its better for development purposes), they argued with me to keep the divisions as they are and we are stuck in the same situation as we have always been.

Well, the Vice President for softball went to district meeting and the DISTRICT is mandating all the leagues in the district to change their divisions - which, ironically, aligns the same exact way as I had proposed! hahahahahaha

Several emails have been passed back and forth and not ONE person wants to admit or acknowledge that it is the same idea I had brought to the board.  hahahahahaha

I do want to say something but in an adult, mature way because how they treated me and argued with me was ridiculous.  I mean, one guy wanted to walk out of the meeting because he didn't agree with what I was saying.  I don't necessarily want to say "I told you so" but I feel like I have the right to say something.

thoughts?  ideas?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Replies (11-14):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM
So, this is how I replied
"As you can imagine, I'm very happy with the changes. I think it will be a great change for softball and it will allow players to learn and master skills at each level better."

He wrote back........"told ya to have faith in me" as if he has been behind me this whole time!!! Wtf! He has been nothing but against it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

"As you can imagine, I'm very happy with the changes. I think it will be a great change for softball and it will allow players to learn and master skills at each level better."

He wrote back........"told ya to have faith in me" as if he has been behind me this whole time!!! Wtf! He has been nothing but against it.

I'm glad that you handled it maturely, although I had no doubt that you would.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Yep.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I think you should take ownership of it:

"I'm so glad that the proposal I created was also agreed upon by the district."

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jers.
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Well, after that response, I would probably do the I Told You So dance, just to make it clear.

Quoting M4LG5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN