Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Any weekend plans? Share here.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 17 Replies
Nothing is planned here. I hope it stops snowing.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ultra_
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Tonight, shopping for gifts. Tomorrow my daughter has a UIL competition, then we have two back to back parties at the skating rink. Then, go home and bathe them all. THEN! Sunday we have church and we get there early for practice, then lunch after and do the kids school laundry and mine. AHHHHHHH!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

BUSY weekend!

Tonight:  DD1's basketball game then head back to their school for Family Movie Night.  We didn't get to go to the last one and tonight they are playing BRAVE so I told them I would take them.

Saturday:  I have to help with walk-up registration for Little League from 9 - noon.  DH and I are going to a poker party in the late afternoon while my kids go to my mom's.

Sunday:  Softball playdate from noon - 3pm; possibly take the kids to mini-golf (since I promised we would do it soon).

Rogue35
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM
You sound like you have a buzy weekend planned.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Quoting Ultra_:

Tonight, shopping for gifts. Tomorrow my daughter has a UIL competition, then we have two back to back parties at the skating rink. Then, go home and bathe them all. THEN! Sunday we have church and we get there early for practice, then lunch after and do the kids school laundry and mine. AHHHHHHH!

What's UIL?

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Cable man coming later, basketball pictures for both kids tomorrow a.m. followed by DS's game and his travel baseball fundraiser tomorrow night. Sunday both kids have basketball games, DS has baseball clinic and I have a party for a friend that I might skip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM

From the site:
The University Interscholastic League was created by The University of Texas at Austin to provide leadership and guidance to public school debate and athletic teachers. Since 1910 the UIL has grown into the largest inter-school organization of its kind in the world.

She's competing in music memory. She had to learn several pieces of classical music and who composed them, when and what language the title is. I just read she's competing against hundreds. >_<

Quoting M4LG5:
Quoting Ultra_:

What's UIL?

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Quoting Ultra_:

From the site:
The University Interscholastic League was created by The University of Texas at Austin to provide leadership and guidance to public school debate and athletic teachers. Since 1910 the UIL has grown into the largest inter-school organization of its kind in the world.

She's competing in music memory. She had to learn several pieces of classical music and who composed them, when and what language the title is. I just read she's competing against hundreds. >_<

Quoting M4LG5:
Quoting Ultra_:

What's UIL?

AH!  My daughter competed in a math competition last year.  It was her first time and I think she would have placed if she knew what she was doing.  It was a weird format, for sure. 

Ultra_
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Was it in Texas? Math is hard for me in general, so wow. I could only imagine. I think it's great she tried though. Maybe next time she can understand how it works more.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Ultra_:

From the site:

Quoting M4LG5:
Quoting Ultra_:

What's UIL?

AH!  My daughter competed in a math competition last year.  It was her first time and I think she would have placed if she knew what she was doing.  It was a weird format, for sure. 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No, we are in CA.  It's not part of the UIL but it sounds like a similar experience.

Quoting Ultra_:

Was it in Texas? Math is hard for me in general, so wow. I could only imagine. I think it's great she tried though. Maybe next time she can understand how it works more.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Ultra_:

From the site:

Quoting M4LG5:
Quoting Ultra_:

What's UIL?

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Good luck to your daughter!!

Quoting Ultra_:

From the site:

Quoting M4LG5:
Quoting Ultra_:

What's UIL?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)