Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Birthday parties- didn't you just have a birthday last year?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am so beyond disgusted with how birthdays are done in my husband's family. Until this year, we would get together for each person's birthday individually... his family is huge! Got to the point we were celebrating nearly every weekend.... NOT  how I want to spend my weekends.

I've decided this year that my children's birthdays with the family (with the exception of the baby, because it'll be her first) are going to be cake and coffee at the house. No huge get-togethers with large-scale catering. We also have chosen to go out to dinner on the birthday. 

Is that how you do birthdays?

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Replies (11-13):
Rogue35
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM
We do a small party. We have a dinner,cake and a few gifts.
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM
It all depends on what we can budget.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Oh that would really drive me crazy. When the kids were little we'd do big celebrations with the extended family. (25ish people)

The stopped by the time they were 4. Now we try to do something with both grandmother and the 4 of us. (well then the great grandmother and my aunt get added in.  When you have a large family that's in town it's easy for it to get out of control. lol.)

I typically try to have a small friend party also. We really struggle on the this front however. It's hard when the kids want to have a friend party but they don't really have a lot of friends. Also their birthday is at the very tail end of summer. It's been months since we last saw the kids from school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)