Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I have a love/hate relationship with books

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I absolutely love a good book but it becomes a love/hate relationship when I can't put it down until I finish reading it and then I look up and its 1am.  It's going to be a long day for me.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I feel the same way. I read and read and read to get it over with when I am so sucked into a book. I lose sleep. i also have it with a book that just doesn't get going... I think "maybe after the next chapter it will get better."  I had such a hard time with The Other Boleyn Girl. If I would have watched The Tudors first, I could have breezed through that book.

Rogue35
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I know what you mean. What book are you reading Valeri it sounds good. What I hate is if it is a good book and it ends.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Rogue35:

I know what you mean. What book are you reading Valeri it sounds good. What I hate is if it is a good book and it ends.

It's called "One False Move" by Harlan Coben.  I like his books.  It's "mystery/thriller".  This book was good....but his best one was "Tell No One" which I heard that Ben Affleck is going to make it into a movie.  There are several twists and turns with his books.  I must have read about 75 pages last night just to finish.

Rogue35
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I will have to check it out it sounds good. Thanks for telling me. I glad you found something good to read. Sometimes it can be hard to find a good book.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Quoting Rogue35:

I will have to check it out it sounds good. Thanks for telling me. I glad you found something good to read. Sometimes it can be hard to find a good book.

Harlan Coben and Nicholas Sparks are my go-to authors when I want something to read without wondering if I'm going to like it.  Both are easy reads (especially Nicholas Sparks) but I like the thrill of Harlan Coben books.

Now....on to find a new book to read.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Me, too! I have that happen every time I re-read Harry Potter or my fave fantasy series, and every time I get a new Black Dagger Brotherhood book : )

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Wait, you people don't regularly stay up until 1:00 am?  I thought that was a normal grown up bed time.  lol  Yes, I am often up to the wee hours of the morning reading.  If I am really into the book, I won't put it down.  I read a few Janet Evanovich books in less than 24 hours.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Wait, you people don't regularly stay up until 1:00 am?  I thought that was a normal grown up bed time.  lol  Yes, I am often up to the wee hours of the morning reading.  If I am really into the book, I won't put it down.  I read a few Janet Evanovich books in less than 24 hours.

My bedtime was often between 11pm - 1am.  Because I was not getting enough sleep, I put my self on a bedtime of no later 10:30pm....in hopes of getting at at least 7 hours of sleep.  After the girls go to bed, I would use that time for me to catch up on my TV....which kept me up later.  I have to be up by 6am so it's a struggle when I don't get enough sleep.

TJFBGMommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Same here. I had 30 pages of free books on my Nook, WAY too many. So I decided I wouldn't buy any books until I whittled down the numbers a bit. I've just been picking books at random, not looking at what they're about or anything. The last 4 books I've read have been really good. Like I better put this book down and go to sleep just as the alarm goes off good.  UGH!  At least I can take a nap during the day.  I'm honestly hoping the next book is crap and I struggle through the whole thing so I can catch up on my sleep!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quoting TJFBGMommy:

Same here. I had 30 pages of free books on my Nook, WAY too many. So I decided I wouldn't buy any books until I whittled down the numbers a bit. I've just been picking books at random, not looking at what they're about or anything. The last 4 books I've read have been really good. Like I better put this book down and go to sleep just as the alarm goes off good.  UGH!  At least I can take a nap during the day.  I'm honestly hoping the next book is crap and I struggle through the whole thing so I can catch up on my sleep!

haha!  That is funny. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)