Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Summer clothes out in stores.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 22 Replies
I am already seeing summer clothes in the stores. I have seen swimsuits,shorts and shoes. I haven't bought any of it yet. Have you noticed it too.
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Yes. I noticed at Target.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Yes I have noticed it and it drives me crazy. I live in Vermont where it's cold and snowy. I have been looking for long sleeve shirts for my 14 month old and can't find anything because they only have summer clothes! Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM

My mom works at JCPenny and they began getting in swimsuits last week.  They will be doing serious mark downs on their winter items on Monday morning, this is at the store that my mother works at not at every store in the country.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Yes, and it annoys the heck out of me. Jan/Feb is when my kids tend to outgrow their winter stuff and I need to get replacements, but it's hard to find cold/cool weather clothes when warm weather things are already out. On the plus side, when I do find things, they're usually cheaper b/c they're on clearance : )

mommatothree01
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM

It's been out for a few weeks here.  Drives me crazy!  DD grew 5" since August when we bought most of her winter school clothes.  She's always been a slow grower, so I thought I was safe...wrong!   Now I'm trying my best to find anything, since I missed the winter clearance sales right after xmas....sigh.

psych_mom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I haven't seen any. I was in Kohl's 2 nights ago and they didn't even have workout shorts that went above the knee out.

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM

To be fair, this is also the time of year when people realize they need another pair of shorts or an extra bathing suit for their vacation. 

My husband just made out like crazy at the clearance racks (he's a size S, so a lot of stuff is available for him there) at Target, and I'm going to hit up the women's racks this week as well.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Yep, I've noticed and have bought tons of winter stuff on clearance, I'm cool with that!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brandi185
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

i'm in houston, tx so it's pretty normal here.  we've had a nice spring like week this last week.  we might have a couple cold snaps between now and april but for the most part it'll be nice until about june when it gets hotter than hell outside.  

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I have. I think it is a bit early, myself. Even in south Carolina (most of the time) it.isn't routinely warm enough for shorts until the end of March, and swimming at the beach until sometime in may.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN