Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands who clean have less sex

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 21 Replies

That's according to some research.  Here is a bit of it:

"Households with a more traditional gender division of labor report higher sexual frequency than households with less traditional gender divisions of labor," says Sabino Kornrich, lead author of a study that appears in the February issue of the American Sociological Review. "Housework is something that people use as a very important way to express gender, masculinity and femininity. We weren't surprised to think that sex might be more tied to this type of gender expression."

If my husband and I are not having sex....it is not because of chores.  It's because we are damn tired. 

What do you think about this?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I do not agree. If I see my dh doing the dishes ir scrubing the floors I want to jump him right then. On days that I do all the house work there is no sex in this house I am way to tired.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Quoting Lorena:

I do not agree. If I see my dh doing the dishes ir scrubing the floors I want to jump him right then. On days that I do all the house work there is no sex in this house I am way to tired.

I don't find him doing housework "sexy" but I do appreciate that I have a husband that takes equal responsibility.  Honestly, I wouldn't have married him unless I knew he could (and will) clean as much as I do.  There are days he does more just like there are days that I do more.  I don't relate it at all to sex.

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM
In all reality I find everything he does sexy. However, as a sahm I am the one who does most of the cleaning and he works. If he is cleaning I find that extra sexy because he is doing it to show me that he values what I do and wants me to have a brake even if it is that I don't have to do the dishes. It is really not tjat he is cleaning but the thought and meaning of it.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Lorena:

I don't find him doing housework "sexy" but I do appreciate that I have a husband that takes equal responsibility.  Honestly, I wouldn't have married him unless I knew he could (and will) clean as much as I do.  There are days he does more just like there are days that I do more.  I don't relate it at all to sex.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM

well, I guess my perspective is the way it is because we both work full-time so I wouldn't like it if I came home and was the only one cleaning.  There would be a whole lot less sex if that happened.  haha

Quoting Lorena:

In all reality I find everything he does sexy. However, as a sahm I am the one who does most of the cleaning and he works. If he is cleaning I find that extra sexy because he is doing it to show me that he values what I do and wants me to have a brake even if it is that I don't have to do the dishes. It is really not tjat he is cleaning but the thought and meaning of it.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Lorena:

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM
No I get that. If we were both working ( which will be next year all kids will be in school full time) & I had to come home and do all the cleaning and dinner. Ya there will not be sex happening in this house lol.

Quoting M4LG5:

well, I guess my perspective is the way it is because we both work full-time so I wouldn't like it if I came home and was the only one cleaning.  There would be a whole lot less sex if that happened.  haha

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Lorena:

wenchmommy381
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I guess the folks in this study never heard of chore-play....

I will say this: now that I'm a SAHM, I feel cleaning is part of my "job" and don't expect my husband to do as much of it as I did when we were both working outside the home. 

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

We prove this theory wrong every day. 

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
*coughs* bullshit *cough*
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

*coughs* bullshit *cough*

ahahahaha!!

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Um, considering the average married couple according to psychological studies have sex 2-4 times a month and um, that is way less than we do, and my husband does chores, very wrong! Hahaha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)