Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

will your Tweens do a Valentine exchange at school.

Posted by   + Show Post
I know my dd said she will have a Valentine party. I am not sure if she will do a card exchange though.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-18):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

No exchanging valentines in middle school at least. ( thank God, I hated that! Lol)

Me too!!  Honestly, I only kinda liked it as a kid.  As I got older....it just bugs me.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Well, my son HATED to write and refused to unless it was a graded you think he was gonna write Samantha??hah!

We'd get the list of names and he'd just write R.J. on the " from " side :-)

Besides, it's gone a bit far! The elaborate valentines with pencils and then M&M s stapled to it! Good grief! Being my son was, well my son. We did dollar store valentines and just the cards!

OP, in middle school ( for me) we did candy grams .... Parents bought em and girls bought them for bff's :-) no guys bought them... Kinda like adult males, lol !

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting hollydaze1974:

No exchanging valentines in middle school at least. ( thank God, I hated that! Lol)

Me too!!  Honestly, I only kinda liked it as a kid.  As I got older....it just bugs me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Delta.Dawn
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Nope but there will be a dance with refreshments that DS is going to for V-day.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes, 3rd and 4th grades still do a card exchange and have a party.

mommyto3bees
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM

dont think so, shes really upset too, but i told her your older now.. gotta deal with that kinda stuff.. not a baby anymore. i was kinda hoping she would have some kinda party , but being 5th grade i dunno if she will. i cant remember if i did in 5th grade or not

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM

My 5th graders are having a party.  I don't know if they will have an exchange.  One of the room moms with too much time on her hands has made the party much more complicated than it needs to be.  It was suggested that people contribute money instead of buying the cards.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with that but my girls still want to do the cards and are offended that they may not get to do the exchange.

HoosierMom2JB
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Yes, My DD is in 5th grade, she is supposed to sign her name to the valentines but not address them to the other students so they are just given randomly.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)