Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you allow or care...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 18 Replies

if your tween takes a nap after getting home from school?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I would assume he needs it or is getting sick, but I'd attempt to rouse him after an hour.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Considering that we don't get home until about 5:30, if she would was to take a nap I would probably think she is sick or extremely tired. 

If I was to be a stay at home mom or work part-time that allowed them to be home right after school, I wouldn't mind but it can't be any longer than 45 minutes.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I wouldn't mind.
justahousewife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
She gets home at 3:30 and bedtime is at 7:30 so unless she was sick I would suggest her take a shower to help wake up, staying busy and going to bed earlier. Homework, chores and dinner tend to keep her going anyways.
TwinSoccerMom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM

If they needed it I would (sick or had a bad night's sleep) but would keep it to under an hour so that it wouldn't ruin their sleep that night.

Lorena
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM
They get home between 6-8. Bed time is 9. If I let them take a nap they would not sleep and would miss dinner and showers. However, if thwy dis lay down I would think they were sick.
Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM

my dd 12 gets one when she gets home at 3pm..bythen..she's shot! She needsthe downtime. She doeshomework around 5 or 6

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

No naps here. Ds2 stopped taking naps when he was 2- shortly after dd was born, actually. If he does end up taking one, I know he's not feeling well and check for a fever when he wakes up.

GleekingOut
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM
My younger ones - nope never. DD21 will sneak to her room and lock the door and fall asleep and I won't know till she comes out looking like she just woke up.
wenchmommy381
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't mind if they napped. 

My husband, on the other hand... pisses me off to no end if he falls asleep during the day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN