Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you allow or care...

Posted by   + Show Post

if your tween takes a nap after getting home from school?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (11-18):
Delta.Dawn
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Since it only happens rarely I don't care. 

pattya925
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:16 AM

It doesn't really happen now, but if it does in the future, I won't mind... I remember how exhausted I felt some days as a tween/teen and I rarely was able to get enough sleep - esp. with those early morning wake-ups.

brandi185
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

I would assume he needs it or is getting sick, but I'd attempt to rouse him after an hour.

same here.  although i would probably get them up after 30 minutes or so.  if they don't seem to need it for any reason than i'll give them something to do.  my older son goes to his room to take a nap when he doesn't get his way.  

during the school year even though i am a stay at home mom there usually isn't enough time for a nap.  my older son gets home at 3:30, settles in, and starts his home work.  my younger son gets home at 4, settles in, starts his home work.  after that it's outside time (weather permitting), followed by showers and dinner.  dh comes home usually at about 6 and any free time is usually filled with doing scout stuff if the boys need to get anything done.

I use multi-million dollar satellites to find tupperwear in the woods.
What's your hobby?
psych_mom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM

If they are tired and need one, no.

mommyto3bees
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

dont care , she never does though

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
As long as she does her homework first, it's fine. Some days she has a 2 1/2 hour cheer practice, so I know she's tired when she gets home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM
My 11yo DD has called me at work to tell me she is going to take a nap! She gets home at 3:15 & I don't get home til 5:30 so I don't care. She knows she still has to go to bed at 8:30 though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I don't care if he naps, but given that he rarely does I would be concerned that something was wrong with him (illness or depression).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)