Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy things people do for their kids

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 18 Replies
What's the craziest thing you ever did to make your kids happy.

This morning I got up at 6:30 and stood in line for a hour and a half in 35 degree weather to register the girls for a summer camp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
layman75
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I get up at 5:00 to head to town (half hour away) the first Saturday of May to register DS for astronomy camp. Since it is $75 and he stays at the college for the whole week, it is worth it. This year he will also register for advanced astronomy which is a weekend across the state. The line takes about 1.5 to 2 hours depending how fast I get out of here. There are a lot of parents that stay the night on the floor at the college to ensure their kids get first dibs on some of the programs offered, that is just crazy LOL!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Buy things I always swore I never would- since I'm originally from MD, I am totally anti-Colts. Sadly, living in IN, my boys are Colts fans. I have bought more Colts items for them . . .

Some might say agreeing to be the cookie mom for your dd's Girl Scout troop is crazy : )

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Being a troop leader for my sd girl scout troop. Get up at 6 on a Saturday to drive 4 hrs so I can yell at my kids to pin the other kid. When I can be in bed sleeping lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

When my daughter was 3 we waited in line for 1 1/2 hrs so she could meet Joe from Blues Clues.

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Oh, and I am the cookie mom. Call me crazy.

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM

And nut mom.... and troop leader.... and Troop Coordinator..... how did this happen?>!?

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Spend 8.5 hours for softball and baseball assessments because I'm on the board even though my girls inky had to be there for just a little bit of that. Oh....that was today.

Ok...its not the craziest but, whew, I'm darn tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM
The money I spend on cheerleading for my three girls. Especially my oldest, who is 13, a freshman, and on varsity. About $2500 total for the year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

That's a great price. What I wouldn't give. For my time in the cold I get to spend over $500 for a week long day camp.

Quoting layman75:

I get up at 5:00 to head to town (half hour away) the first Saturday of May to register DS for astronomy camp. Since it is $75 and he stays at the college for the whole week, it is worth it. This year he will also register for advanced astronomy which is a weekend across the state. The line takes about 1.5 to 2 hours depending how fast I get out of here. There are a lot of parents that stay the night on the floor at the college to ensure their kids get first dibs on some of the programs offered, that is just crazy LOL!

birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

LOL.  That's funny.  I'd like to meet Joe.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

When my daughter was 3 we waited in line for 1 1/2 hrs so she could meet Joe from Blues Clues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)