Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Crazy things people do for their kids

Posted by   + Show Post
What's the craziest thing you ever did to make your kids happy.

This morning I got up at 6:30 and stood in line for a hour and a half in 35 degree weather to register the girls for a summer camp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Replies (11-18):
mnmchicc100
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I woke up at 3:30am when my daughter was 11 so she could go to a dang concert for a birthday present.We had to drive for 4/5 hours.And did I mention we got there the concert had 2 be canceled.My daughter was so upset.So then I bought her a huge t.v and the laptop she wanted!! It turned out well!!This happened last year!!!

jandhmommy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM

wow...what a great price!!  (The astronomy camp.)

SahmTam
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I help with the school carnival. The first year I wasn't so much crazy as naive... but each year after that that I continue I have to consider myself crazy. ;-)

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:35 PM
That's nothin'! A weekend camping trip on a peninsula on a lake, so not above 28 degrees the whole time with the uh " bathrooms" being two toilet seats above a big trench ( like little house) for 18 boys and chaperones..
Blech!! By the middle of the second day, i was a bear sh*tting in the woods :-) smelled better, didn't want to yak but balancing at four months pregnant was a feat.... I should've gotten a badge!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bumNmoos_mom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I stood in line for 6 hrs to get Sergio Romos autograph so my daughter could get her ball signed. And that was in 40 degree weather. 

Roo1234
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I did something similar.  In order to get my daughter the ballet classes that she needed I stood in line for 4 hours BEFORE the registration time (starting at 5am).  Scary thing is that even though I was only 14th in line I got the last slot for the class.

momof2ex1
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM
We did this for Yo Gaba GABA.ugh

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

When my daughter was 3 we waited in line for 1 1/2 hrs so she could meet Joe from Blues Clues.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

The money I spend on cheerleading for my three girls. Especially my oldest, who is 13, a freshman, and on varsity. About $2500 total for the year.

This, for my son with hockey. Not even in HS yet, and it costs us around two thousand a year, plus gas and other various expenses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)