Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advise

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM
  • 3 Replies
My 10 year old daughter's buff is an only child and is extremely spoiled. Her parents almost never tell her no and when they do she will throw a full blown tantrum, until they give in. She recent wely had her b-day party which included her "so called boyfriend " and one if his friends. All of us parents were under the impression that the boys would be leaving after cake, ice cream and gifts; however at pickup in the morning we were all surprised to find that both boys had also been allowed to sleep over. Both my husband and I are just livid, are we blowing this out of proportion or do we have the right to be angry? And how do we bring this up with the other parents who we are good friends with?
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GleekingOut
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I'm assuming you mean bff? like best friend? I personally would have asked before I left "so the boys are going after cake?" or "What time are they boy's mums picking them up?" But now that all is said and done, I would ask your daughter "Where did the boys sleep?" "What time did the boys go to their room?" and "Were the parents supervising you". If any of these answers concern you ask more questions such as "what happened after the parents went to bed?" "Did anybody kiss anybody?" Then if any of these answers concern you I would ring the parents and say "I heard from (DD) that the boys spent the night; was that a prearranged plan? Where did they sleep?" and if their answers don't satisfy you I would say, "I'm extremely sorry to say this, but because of the situation you put my DD in, I can no longer allow my child to go to your house. Your daughter is welcome at my house anytime, the girls are welcome to go to movies/activities together with my supervision, but I cannot knowingly put my child in a situation where they could be comprimised." I would then also ring any other parents and inform them that there were boys at the sleepover in case their children don't say anything. Yes you have every right to be angry if they stayed in the same room/something happened kissing (or more) wise.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I agree with PP, if you knew boys were there, it was up to you to make sure they were leaving, don't just assume. I would get all of the details bfrom DD and then decide how to proceed from there...do you not want her sleeping over there anymore? Do you want to limit DD's tme with this girl? I would let the other parents know that what happened isn't OK with you and you're upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I'd be pissed too.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)