Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

It's a GIRL! (haha)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

No I'm not pregnant and don't you dare send any pregnancy sprinkles my way.

My 9 year old is suddenly interested in getting "cute clothes".  Up to now, she is more interested in long basketball shorts and t-shirts.  Well, she has asked me for more cute clothes but because she has always had issues with clothes (too small, too tight, i don't like this or that), I was only going to buy her a few items and then she had to SHOW me she is actually going to wear them.  Well, she visited her grandparents this weekend and came home with several "cute" clothes and she is really excited.  They are all very cute and not revealing whatsoever.  It was mostly about bright colors and cute sweaters.  Her enthusiasm is so cute to watch.  But, when we went to my indoor soccer game, she wore one of her shirts with a really cute yellow sweater......and her long basketball shorts.

Almost.....almost. 

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM

small steps.  

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM

its a girl        good

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hey at least she is willing to try the cute clothes!

My dd is a girly girl and sometimes I wish she would be happy in a t-shirt and basketball shorts, lol!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Woohoo! I'm glad you're seeing some improvements here...finally!! :-)

SuperLooneyMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I'm so glad your not pushing it. My mom did and I really don't like dresses unless its very special occasions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Lol! Baby steps, Mom : )

Dd (7) is rather girly, but sometimes will pair one of her pink girly shirts w/ a pair of her brother's hand-me-down sweat pants. I just shake my head and try to not let her see me laugh : )

Red_Kitten
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:16 AM

That's adorable.  I think that's the most fun for me about having a bunch of kids in this age group.....seeing them find themselves. :-)

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Quoting Red_Kitten:

That's adorable.  I think that's the most fun for me about having a bunch of kids in this age group.....seeing them find themselves. :-)

I feel the same way.  I want her to feel comfortable with her own decisions so I don't want to push how she should dress.  To me, that's her way of expressing herself.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Barabell:

Woohoo! I'm glad you're seeing some improvements here...finally!! :-)

I know.  I don't want her to be over the top with her clothes but it sure is nice to see her wear something outside of gym clothes.

psych_mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM

LOL. She's almost there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)