Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How does your DD do in math?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 26 Replies

There have been studies showing girls don't perform as well as boys in math.  What do you think?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
DH is better in math than I am and DS is better than DD so it's true here. I always struggled and DD does too.

However, I used to work with a girl who got her PhD in math is a high school math teacher.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My daughter is pretty good in math.  She didn't do well this last test at all but I think its because she was going too fast and wasn't reading the questions thoroughly (which is a big problem for her).  When I asked her for the answer after, she easily gave it to me. 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I'm way better at math than my husband.

Tigger11681
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM

my dd is only 2 years older than my ds and she is better in math... but he is better in science so they help each other when they have homework....  so are boys better at math I dont know but I know my dd is better at math then me

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

I'm way better at math than my husband.

Me too.

AutymsMommy
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM

DD is 11 and in the 6th grade. She is a strong math student and is doing pre algebra this year; moving into algebra 1 next year for grade seven.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I only have a son, but it could be that we--as a society--do not emphasize the importance of math as much with girls.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I really don't see the fine line between the two sexes. My sons are failing and my dd is only six. My husband is semi brilliant back in his school days and math I sucked at.

But mathematics in school has changed and we( me and dh) can't help our boys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I have 14-year-old boy/girl twins and they both do excellent in math. However, the way they go about solving problems is often very different. Not sure if that is an individual thing or a gender trait.

Red_Kitten
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

All of my kids suck at math, LOL, but we help them.  I'm better at math than my hubby, but we're both pretty good at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)