Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What Would You Have Done?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

Yesterday I went to the parent meeting and I spoke with the assistent principle since my daughter has tudoring after school and has been coming home upset and doesnt want to go back because this tudoring teacher makes her feel bad and yells at my daughter since she kind of zones out and calls my daughter names and then yesterday my daughter was trying to get this teacher to help her and she wouldnt and said they only reason why I do this is for the money. I dont think a teacher should be saying that to the kids in the first place so now the assistand principle is going to have a meeting with the tudoring teacher and I just dont want this to turn into anything that it effects my daughter more.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I would have done the same.  AT this point, I would not allow my daughter to get any tutoring done by this teacher and ask that this teacher doesn't tutor any other kids.

cleanmoss
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My daughter is non proficient for math so she getting free tutoring 2 days a week but if a teacher keeps knocking her down all the time its not going to help her understand and want to improve her math grade and also bashing her self estems

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quoting cleanmoss:

My daughter is non proficient for math so she getting free tutoring 2 days a week but if a teacher keeps knocking her down all the time its not going to help her understand and want to improve her math grade and also bashing her self estems

which is why i would not have her go to this teacher ever again.

tomsjennabean
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM

i would have went crazy .... Theres no way any teacher for any of my kids will ever treat them like that...Your trusting that these teachers are helping your kids and for them to treat them like that is crazy that teacher should be out of a job.

psych_mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I agree with Val 100%.

Quoting M4LG5:

I would have done the same.  AT this point, I would not allow my daughter to get any tutoring done by this teacher and ask that this teacher doesn't tutor any other kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN