Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Non-itchy bras for girls??

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter is going to be 13 in two weeks, but she is a very small kid. She is probably the second shortest in her 7th grade class, and she weighs all of 65 pounds (soaking wet). This week, she has finally developed breast buds, and she knows that she can no longer avoid the bras that have been in her drawer for 2-3 years. The problem: "THEY ARE SOOOOO ITCHY!!!"

Anyone found a good bra for tween girls that isn't itchy?? Please? Someone help me!!!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnmchicc100
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I don't really know.What type of bras does she own that are itchy.Whatever thy are maybe  you could buy her some that are a different material.That's all I really would suggest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Agreed, sports bra would be all I could suggest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
allwritenow
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Her bras are from Justice, and they are cotton. It's the seams and the elastic that are itcy. There is the matter of adjusting to wearing one (which I don't think she has done), but she is also one of those hyper-sensitive kids who mainly wears cotton and soft materials.

Quoting mnmchicc100:

I don't really know.What type of bras does she own that are itchy.Whatever thy are maybe  you could buy her some that are a different material.That's all I really would suggest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd try sports bras for her- fewer seams and fickle straps to deal w/.

catngabsmom
by Erica on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

try something like this, my oldest dd has these and loves them!! she has sensory issues and the bra thing was a huge battle, but these kinds of bra's seem to work best for her. she didn't like the sport bras because they were too confining and were not adjustable at all.

wenchmommy381
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

All bras are itchy if you haven't been wearing them. Is she sweating due to activity or nerves?

Lorena
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I think they are itchy because she is not use to them. That was the case.with my dd. Once she starts waring them her skin will get use to them.
allwritenow
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

On the one hand, I think this is true. On the other hand, I have been wearing bras for 35 years, and sometimes I accidentally buy one that is so itchy I can't stand to wear it; I end up putting it in the give-away pile. 

bad

Quoting Lorena:

I think they are itchy because she is not use to them. That was the case.with my dd. Once she starts waring them her skin will get use to them.

Lorena
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Yes I have that too if I buy one that is different then what I normally ware.

Quoting allwritenow:

On the one hand, I think this is true. On the other hand, I have been wearing bras for 35 years, and sometimes I accidentally buy one that is so itchy I can't stand to wear it; I end up putting it in the give-away pile. 

bad

Quoting Lorena:

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My first thought is sports bra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN