Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

My 11year old has hit me

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 20 Replies
Hello ladies glad to of found this group... My 11year old girl has hit me. This is the last straw... It's been on going for over a year. I left her dad almost 2 years ago. She was my advocate to get out. I also have an 8 and 4 year old girls.
3 months after I left it started. The disrespect. Now in 2012 she began swearing, hitting ER sisters. If I try to disciple her he will attack
Me. I have bruises all over my body. This last incident was when boyfriend over 1 year tried to come to my defense because she called
Me a bitch. She told him
To f- off... She texted her dad and I believe her dad encourages this behavior... He texted her she's physically and mentally stronger than all of us... When my bf left with girls and my other 2 girls - her dad sent threaths that his girls werner allowed with anyone else. Next day she disrespected me
Again- slapped her face... I was beat and kicked. Bruises all over my body.... I debate calling police or going to police... She needs help. We've been seeing a therapist since sept 2012.... Help!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM
You need to call the cops and they will help. Was your ex physically abusive? If he was, you need more than just a regular therapist, you need help from someone that specializes in domestic violence and can reprogram her thinking to see that it is not okay. The courts can help you get her into programs like this as can domestic violence centers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThinkAgainMom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

One question.  Toward the end of your post, you say: "Next day she disrespected me Again- slapped her face... "

You are saying that you hit her because she disrespected you? 

If you are also hitting her, you both need help and from someone experienced in Domestic Violence.  You should consider some parenting classes to develop non-violent techniques to deal with her.

If you hit a child when you are angry, you should not be shocked when they do the same.  In no case is violence acceptable, or a solution to an underlying problem.  If you hit her, and you call the police, you will go to jail.  I suggest you get some professional help.  If I misread what you wrote, you should still get professional help. 

psych_mom
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
This is true. I completely missed this part. Domestic violence centers can give you both counseling on how to deal with these situations instead of either of you using violence.

Quoting ThinkAgainMom:

One question.  Toward the end of your post, you say: "Next day she disrespected me Again- slapped her face... "

You are saying that you hit her because she disrespected you? 

If you are also hitting her, you both need help and from someone experienced in Domestic Violence.  You should consider some parenting classes to develop non-violent techniques to deal with her.

If you hit a child when you are angry, you should not be shocked when they do the same.  In no case is violence acceptable, or a solution to an underlying problem.  If you hit her, and you call the police, you will go to jail.  I suggest you get some professional help.  If I misread what you wrote, you should still get professional help. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that you both need counseling specific to domestic abuse.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
AND SHE IS STILL STANDING ?? I HAVE A 11 YEAR OLD AND SHE KNOWS BETTER..
U NEED TO CALL COPS OR SOCIAL SERVICES..SHE HAS ISSUES..IF SHE WAS MINE SHE WOULD BE ON THE FLOOR ..SHE CAN CALL COPS ON ME BUT I WOULD NEVER ALLOW THAT .
EveyTri
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

FIRST OF ALL WHY DO YOU SCREAM IN EVERY POST YOU MAKE?

And second, seriously!? Hitting a child that already uses hitting to solve problems, and the mother has been hit herself by the father/babydaddy/husband/whatever she left?

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

What a genius idea, where ever would CM be without the sage wisdom of child abusers?

Quoting KRIZZ25:

AND SHE IS STILL STANDING ?? I HAVE A 11 YEAR OLD AND SHE KNOWS BETTER..
U NEED TO CALL COPS OR SOCIAL SERVICES..SHE HAS ISSUES..IF SHE WAS MINE SHE WOULD BE ON THE FLOOR ..SHE CAN CALL COPS ON ME BUT I WOULD NEVER ALLOW THAT .

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM

If counseling is not your first option or response (though it should be), I think both of you should sit down when both are calm and in a good mood to talk about solutions and how to act with each other.  Hitting (you or her) is not acceptable and it needs to stop because....well, it's not working no matter what.

wenchmommy381
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I call shenanigans.

She hasn't come back to repsond, and this person's profile was sparse to say the least.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Quoting EveyTri:

I WILL YELL IF I WONT.. IF U WONT UR KID STOP KEEP ON BEING LITTLE ASS HOLES LET EM..BUT U WILL NEVER EVER HELP IT BY LETTING THEM ABUSE U ..U HAVE TO PUT UR FOOT DOWN ..I HAVE FRIEND WEN THROW SAME..NOW HER 26 YEAR OLD YELL AT HER AND CUSSES HER AND TREADS HER LIKE CRAP .SHE HAS EVEN HAD HER LOCKED UP..SO IF U WONT THAT KEEP LETTING HER ABUSE U ..EATHER U WILL STAND UP FOR UR SELF OR NOT..
EveyTri
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously, what are you on?

grate? hartack? stale? to? u?

My 11 year old goddaughter is dyslexic and writes/spells better than you do, at allegedy 34.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN