Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

the life of parents of athletes

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

As you know, I have a 9 year old and 6 year old twins.  My 9 year old is still playing basketball (this is her last week).  There were 2 weeks of overlap between basketball and softball.  Our twins also play softball.  I am the manager for my 9 year old and my husband is my assistant.  My husband is the manager for our 6 year olds team and I'm his assistant.  Well.....this is how our week is this week:

Monday - Basketball practice

Tuesday - Softball (9 year old) practice

Wednesday - Basketball and softball (6) practice

Thursday - Softball (9) practice

Friday - Basketball game

Saturday - Softball (9) practice and right after is softball (6) practice

I wish I can say that Sunday is my break but the league is trying to convert a baseball field into a softball field (because we don't have enough softball fields right now) so as a board member I have to be out there to help.  Thank goodness I am taking Monday off from work. 

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Sounds like my life but crazier...

Monday - kid's night off, DH is home so I escape and go play cribbage at the Elks lodge... LOL

Tuesday - DS2 and DD have gymnastics, DS1 and I have karate

Wed - Confirmation and  karate, and Youth group (on the 2nd and 4th Wed)

Thursday - Gymnastics, karate , and theater practice (and soon to get back into Boy Scouts- we took a break)

Friday - Tumbling and Antlers (1st & 3rd Fris)

Saturday - Open workout at the dojo or Scout trips.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

Barabell
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I don't know how parents of more than one child do it! My son's schedule keeps me busy enough.

Sunday - 7 pm last district hockey game

Monday - 5:20 hockey practice

Wednesday - 7:40 hockey practice

After that, the coach cancelled the next 3 practices, and so we're going to have a whole week off from practices. My son is already trying to arrange outdoor skating with some friends this weekend, but I'm not sure if it will be cold enough this weekend or if the City will stop maintaining the outdoor rinks now since it'll be March.

nursesharon
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I hear you!  Right now we are in between stuff so we have had some peace but next week my 12 y/o starts basketball and I am coaching and my oldest has his first track meet tomorrow.  This is part of the reason they grow so fast!

bsuku
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I feel your pain! We have dance Monday - Thursday 5-9 and Saturday am 9-3! I live for Sunday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:23 AM

We are right there with you too!

Monday:   DD1's soccer 5:30 to 7:00

Tuesday:  DD2's soccer 5:00 to 6:30

Wednesday:  DS's soccer 1:45 to 2:45

Thursday:  DD2's soccer 5:00 to 6:30

Friday:  DD1's soccer 5:30 to 7:00

Saturday:  DS's fencing 10:30 am to 11:30 am, mixed in with DD1 and DD2's soccer games

Sunday:  DD1's futsol 7:30 am to 8:30 am

And this schedule doesn't even include their other activities!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN