Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

When do they brush their teeth in the morning?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

My girls are really good about brushing their teeth at night BUT they are not so great at brushing their teeth in the morning.  Part of it may be when I have them eat breakfast.

We usually have them wake up, get dressed, shoes and socks, and then go eat breakfast.  After that, I do their hair (my 6 year olds still need help - the 9 year old brushes her hair before breakfast).  Then I just need to get them out of the house that they end up not brushing their teeth.

I'm really thinking about having them eat breakfast when they first wake up so that they can get dressed and brush their teeth but I'm afraid the slow wake up and eating breakfast may end up being slower than our routine now.

I know what you are saying....."she REALLY has a problem".  haha.  I'm just trying to find a routine that makes sure they are brushing their teeth in the morning too. 

When does your child(ren) brush their teeth in the morning?

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThinkAgainMom
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Up - dressed - breakfast - bathroom for teeth and hair.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

My boys eat first, then one gets dressed while the other is in the bathroom, and then they switch.  They can NOT, for any reason, be in the bathroom together.  Mischief ensues.

Madammeke
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:56 AM
After breakfast.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
birdandchicks
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Mine get up, get dressed, do hair and teeth, then breakfast. then out the door.

We live in a ranch however.  Their bedroom is the the back of the house, the bathroom (when we had one) was in the middle, they exit through the kitchen.   It's a normal progression to start at the back and move to the front. 

For the most part they move through all of these steps together as a team.  They are never going to be able to live without the other. lol.

TheartAH
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM
DD (8) does all of her hygiene and chores, then breakfast and out the door. I wrote a list of what she needs to do and taped it up on her wall so all I need to say is "check your list " and nothing gets forgotten!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:13 AM

We brush our teeth just before we leave.  It is the last thing we do before heading out the door. We eat breakfast after getting showered, dressed, etc.  I am one who does not like eating first thing when I wake up.  The kids both tend to be like that as well on school days.  Although on off days they do often eat when they get up.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

My son eats breakfast at school, and he takes a snack for the bus ride. So he can't brush his teeth after breakfast.

I know he brushes his teeth in the mornings, but I have no idea when. My husband takes him to the bus stop in the mornings, so I don't know the morning routine.

mbrowne1
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM

After breakfast for teeth and hair. They have target times when they need to be getting up, getting dressed, eating and brushing so we can get everything done before we have to leave in the morning.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Right after breakfast, before anything else. 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Ds1 showers, dresses, eats, then does his teeth- he has to put in rubber bands for his braces, so it's easier to have him brush when he goes to put those in.

Ds2 showers, dresses, does teeth and hair, then eats and out the door.

Dd is the same as d2, except w/o the shower (she does that at night).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)