Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Styles where y'all are...

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 4:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
Well given the name I am sure that you all realize I am  in Mississippi.
I just wondered what all your kids what and have to have..
Here is Kavu sling purses
anything monogramed
Botique shirts
Brown/Blue..Brown/PInk anything..
by on May. 4, 2007 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:40 PM
Ambercrobie, Holister, Juice Coutoure, Seven Jeans, etc.

Ipods, wees (still not sure what this is), razors, chocolates, etc.

As you can see we live in a very spoiled part of So. Cal.

Editied
I think age plays into this question.  My daughter is 12 & in 6th grade.....heelies were about 3rd grade.
megdev
by on May. 5, 2007 at 1:23 AM
HEELYS!!!!!! My daughter begged me for six months (non stop for the last month) and I finally gave in and let her buy some last weekend. She has worn them so much they are going to look old  before the month is out.
PammyMcB
by on May. 5, 2007 at 1:45 AM
I am so glad I have boys.... I have no idea....
neyon226
by on May. 5, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostale are really big here.  Oh, and apparently EVERYBODY has a Razr phone except for my 12 year old.  Ipods.  They are all planning on what convertable they will get for their 16th birthdays, too.  Too much Super Sweet 16, I think.  My daughter seems to think she's going to get a Mercedes-Benz CLK convertable.  She will be disappointed.

We're in South Arkansas.
baggleflap
by on May. 8, 2007 at 9:56 AM
OMG!  I am soooo glad my DD is not in to all that......yet.  She's 10 and in 5th grade but still hangs with kids younger than she is.  She's never been a fashion queen and has never cared what brand of clothes she wears as long as it's comfortable. She just started wearing jeans this past winter! She wears dresses and knit leggings mostly for the 'freedom' . More into nature, animals, bugs, etc.   She surprized me recently by asking to get her ears pierced. She likes to try on all the scents at Bath and Body but usually forgets to wear any of it if I buy her some. If she has extra money, she'll spend it on computer games or Webkinz.
mommajeri
by on May. 8, 2007 at 10:03 AM
I have all boys so its JEans and tee's or sweatshirts. We are not really a "fashion conscious" family, we wear what we are comfortable in and if people don't like it OH WELL! lol.
draggonette
by on May. 8, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Quoting sahlady:

Ambercrobie, Holister, Juice Coutoure, Seven Jeans, etc.

Ipods, wees (still not sure what this is), razors, chocolates, etc.

As you can see we live in a very spoiled part of So. Cal.

Editied
I think age plays into this question.  My daughter is 12 & in 6th grade.....heelies were about 3rd grade.

That may be "Wii's" plural for "Wii" the latest video game console by Nintendo they are refering to.
kidsgot2luvem
by on May. 8, 2007 at 10:07 AM

I'm in south FL.
All those stores are popular here of course.
Right now t-shirts with skulls and cross-bones are big
crop-tops
plaid shorts are back
tight t's with stupid stuff on em
long shorts --just below knees

heely's are going out here some--thank goodness.  tired of getting run over in stores.

I think style usually starts in cali, ny and fl and works inwards because where I'm from in TN they have never seen the things they are wearing down here. 

breauxlady
by on May. 14, 2007 at 5:28 PM
Oh I hate those things.  Everytime I see a kid rolling on those in a store I want to scream at the parents.  Maybe I am jealous cause there was no way for me to wear roller skates in a store when I was a kid! :)
breauxlady
by on May. 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM
I live in Vegas and it seems like the cheerleader crowd is into the hollister, aerpostale type stuff.  My 10 year old daughter will be wearing clothes from where I chose to buy them.  Why spend more money just because a stupid brand name is on it.  We do a lot of shopping and places like JC Penney, Kohls, and of course Wal-mart and Target. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)