Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm kinda wondering how much my husband is paying attention?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

As I've stated in many posts about chores for kids, my girls have had a very consistent chore all school year long.  Grant it, we are busy so there are days that it doesn't get done but I excuse it because we got home too late.

Each girl chooses one of the three chores:  put dishes away, clean off the dinner table (sometimes sweep), and clean the bathroom counter (and make sure the garbage is taken out if needed).  Besides these chores, they also have to make sure their stuff is put away, eat dinner, and do all their home to watch TV.  If they are all done, they can watch TV at 7pm.  If its not done, TV isn't turned on until its done.  If it's done early, they find something else to do until 7pm.

So....this morning my husband is ranting about how they need to clean after practice there is NO TV until the dishes and table are cleaned off, and blah, blah, blah! 

I turned to him and said, "you know they do that just about every day, right?" 

Him: "Well, I'm telling them to do it today!  NO TV." 

Me:  "yeah, our rule....if you recall....is that it needs to be done before watching TV."

Him:  "Well....I'm just making sure."

Me:  "But you dont' have to yell."

Him:  "I'm just saying!"

UGH!  I don't know what it is going on.  First he wouldn't let one of our girls get bangs.  Now he is trying to have this imaginary iron fist on chores they do just about everyday and we have no issues with them getting to do.  It must be that time of month for him. 

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brandi185
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

my dh does this sometimes too.  my boys have a set list of chores each and know when to do them.  i do remind them sometimes just to make sure things get done.  every now and again when i am reminding them my dh takes it upon himself to demand they do it now or no video games, no tv, etc.  when i remind them that's just what it is a reminder not an order.  then he gets all mad at me that i step on his toes by telling him to calm down and back off a bit.  i think because i am a sahm and am with the kids most of the day when they're not in school my dh jumps on chances to have control and show he has authority.  i don't think he really knows that's what he's doing though.  my dh does the same thing with our boy's and their hair.  both wanted to grow it out and he was so mad when i told him we should let them.  it's been a year and the boys have decided to cut their hair.  i told him, see they learned on their own that they don't like the longer hair.  

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM

LMAO, I was going to suggest PMS as well. laughing

I really don't understand men and they say that we are complex.

GleekingOut
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Honestly, I would sit him down and give him a big cuddle and ask him if he's okay. It sounds a bit worrying with the bangs, and the now the arguments/yelling. If he says he's fine, ignore his temper tantrums.

To be perfectly honest with you I would tell him "Unless you can give me a reasonabe reason why you do not want DD to have bangs within 24 hours I'm making the hairdressers appointment". DH doesn't have a say on any haircut but his and our son's. Most of the time I just take the girls to the hairdressers and he gets a nice surprise when he comes home. MAYBE he'd have a say in DD21's if she wanted to do something crazy like dye it bright pink or have a mohawk, but even then that's a MAYBE. (and very very unlikely that she ever would lol - right now she wants it dyed red/copper and I'm trying to convince her out of it, but my aunt thinks "it's just hair, and besides she's had it in her head for 4 months. She's thought of it for awhile"

elkmomma
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM

LOL  Do we have the same hubby??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)