Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What my tween is reminding me to do....

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

As adults, we sometimes create really bad habits or forget to do things for ourselves.  When observing my tween (9 years old) in the last day or so, these are things she reminded me to do:

- One plate of food for dinner is enough.  She is really really good at not piling food on her plate and going for seconds.  She does for some items but most of the time, she eats what is on her plate and that is it.

- Taking time to laugh at the little things.  She cracks up at the little things that happen.

- Adding a little body spray is not a bad idea.  She was given body spray from Bath and Body awhile back.  This morning she and I were using the same bathroom to do our hair.  Just after she was done, she did a little spray and left.  I have not sprayed perfume or body spray in a long time.  haha

What does your tween remind you to do for yourself?

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamarj
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Let loose and be silly. I used to be like that all the time when she was younger. We would do crazy dances and make believe stuff. Now I don't do any of that stuff with my youngest. So DD will be the crazy one and remind me to giggle and have fun sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

To relax and enjoy life.  Everything will work out fine.

kerri1205
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The other day I was in the car with just my 11 yo son.  I had my hair clipped back all day and needed to unclip it, but knw it would look crazy.  I tod himthat I know it will look crazy, and he just told me who cares mom -- it's me and you n the car, does it really matter?

Sometimes, just hearing that perspective helps!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN