Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Positive update with my daughter (grades)

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

So, my daughter didn't receive the grade she wanted in math on her report card.  She has been completely bummed about it.  She has really shown interest in finding out how to do better and asked me to contact her teacher.  I did and the teacher said that it's not due to not understanding the material but more careless mistakes because she rushes through her work.

I told her to talk to her teacher on her own and she did.  The teacher told her that because she is so intent on being first in line (yes, this girl is competitive) after a test that she is almost always first in line but she is sacrificing good grades because of it. 

I talked to her last night and told her that I tell my college students to not pay attention to the students that turn in their tests first because most of the time they are students that didn't know the stuff on the test so they gave up and just turned in the test or students that were not careful.  I also encourage her to NOT be the first in line but the one that looks over her work.

So, between the teacher and I, I think we were able to get through to her because her teacher just emailed me and said she took her time and only missed one on her test today!!!

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SuperLooneyMom
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:31 PM
That's good to see.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momchipomkids
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM

isn't it wonderful when they listen?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Excellent!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)