Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

10 yo daughter depressed

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
So my 10 yo daughter lives wit her dad but is wit his parents alot n sees me on wkends n holidays. Well today after her n my niece fighting she has a meltdown.saying nobody loves her everyone hates her n she wish she wasn't born.saying nobody cares bout her n that her dad hardly spends time wit her n then she turned in me saying I don't care bout her n don't spend time wit her.I myself suffer from depression n it started at a young age.I can't believe she's already talking like this n it kills me to know she feels this way.nomatter what I say to make her understand these things she says r not true she fights me on it n she thinks the worlds against her.what can I do? My daughter don't want me saying anything to her dad cuz she afraid shell get yelled at.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Jeez, don't really know what to tell her. My dd (12) has been bullied since about spring of 3rd gr, she's now in sixth it still persists. My dd is a little "different" she has adhd and Sensoryprocessing disorder so she doesn't "act" like the other kids, they picj up on that she's different and they don't include her in anything. She's never really had any friends because these "normal" kids can tell something  is "not normal" about dd but they don't know what, but other kids sure stay the hell away from her. So dd has been deperessed as well. Maybe talking to another kid that has the same problem (or similar) could help. I could ask my dd if she's talk with your daughter.

allwritenow
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM
First of all, know that it is pretty normal for kids this age to talk about their feeling that no one loves them, especially kids from divorced families. All three of my children have gone through (or are going through) this. The tween/teen years are when they are trying to figure out where they fit in. However, with a history of depression, you are right to keep an eye on your daughter. My oldest (now almost 15) had an issue a year or so ago when he was so depressed he slept constantly. You need to have some open, honest discussions with her father about depression and your concerns. Under no circumstances should he ridicule her or punish her for her feelings. She needs counseling. Finding a counselor can be challenging, but you should get her in sooner rather than later. She needs to develop confidence in who she is and where she fits in. You are not alone. I'm sure many moms/parents have been in this situation. Good luck!!
SuperLooneyMom
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
It's tough I know, believe me i do. My son an I both suffer. And when he is in hi mood which everyday I talk him thru it, I hug him more and more. I just keep at it to bring him out of his down time. He has been bullied in the last few years and we are working thru that too. Just know its not permanent comments that the children say. She may be going thru a major rough tough and this is her only way to get it out. You as we'll as anybody know what pulls you thru. Channel yourself and make it positive for you both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN