Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Son not close with boys as friends...

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is 10 years old and in the 4th grade. He is an only child and is very well adjusted, he is just a very happy kid. He has always had friends that are girls, but never had any boys that he does stuff with other than sports or other activities. Should I be concerned?  We have, as a family, moved quite a bit...kindergarten in Chicago, 1st grade Canada, 2nd & 3rd back to the States close to extended family, 4th another school...he does make friends easily, is confident and secure, the teacher said kids like him but no boys ever at get togethers, just girls.  Doesn't seem to bother him but should it?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-12):
erikadi
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I don't think so. He is only in 4th grade. There is plenty of time for him to have guy friends. Also just because he has a lot of girl friends doesn't mean he is gay or wants to be a girl if that is one of the things you are concerned about.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Ds2 is 9 and spends just as much time hanging out w/ girls at recess as boys. Half the parties he's been invited to over the past 12 months have been for girls. One of those, he was the only boy there and he had a blast.

As long as he's interacting and getting along w/ the boys in school and other activities, I wouldn't worry about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)