Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What does your tween eat?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

What does a normal day look like for your tween food-wise?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is 12, a bowl of cereal,lunch is sandwich, cookies, chips, fruit, then she gets home and its chips, friit and candy for snack. Then there is dinner and more snacking after that. She eats a ton and is going through a growth spert.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
minimo77
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:18 PM

DD is 10. For breakfast she will have cereal, or eggs and toast, or waffles(home made) Lunch is some sort of sandwich/bagel/wrap, yogurt, fruit, some snack type item depending on what I pack, after school she will have cereal or fruit, then maybe she will grab a carrot or a banana again, then dinner, snack or 2 after dinner, bed. She is realy small, only 51 pounds but seems to eat alot.

xElizabethx
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM

DD's eating is freaking me out. She is 12, 5'6, and 125 lbs. She isn't overweight, IMO, but she has had two growth spurts since August where she has grown two inches. She has not grown or gained any weight since the end of December.

Today she ate a bowl of cereal, salad, 1.5 pounds of strawberries, pretzels, peanut butter, 4 large hash browns, a corn dog, broccoli, spinach, and 2 turkey burger patties with cheese.

TwinSoccerMom
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

She may very well be on another growth spurt. And most of what she is eating is healthy so that is good. Everytime I think my DD (who is 14, 124 pounds and 5'9") is done growing she sprouts up another 1/2 inch or so. She has been hungrier lately also and even she said she thinks it may be another growth spurt. So you never know.  Encourage her to continue making healthy snacking choices if she is going to eat outside of normal meal times.

Quoting xElizabethx:

DD's eating is freaking me out. She is 12, 5'6, and 125 lbs. She isn't overweight, IMO, but she has had two growth spurts since August where she has grown two inches. She has not grown or gained any weight since the end of December.

Today she ate a bowl of cereal, salad, 1.5 pounds of strawberries, pretzels, peanut butter, 4 large hash browns, a corn dog, broccoli, spinach, and 2 turkey burger patties with cheese.

minimo77
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM

How tall are you? She may be doing another growth spurt, its amazing to see what kids can pack away in a day sometimes. I am small ish so I suspect dd will be too, her growth spurts arnt much of a spurt lol

Quoting xElizabethx:

xElizabethx
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I believe her birthmom is 5'5 or 5'6. Dh is 6'. I don't really know what is considered average height these days but there isn't anyone on either side of her biological family that is incredibly tall or short.

She has recently had a physical done that checked her thyroid and other things that can impact growth and everything was fine. In the past DD has always had one huge growth spurt in the fall.

Quoting minimo77:

How tall are you? She may be doing another growth spurt, its amazing to see what kids can pack away in a day sometimes. I am small ish so I suspect dd will be too, her growth spurts arnt much of a spurt lol

Quoting xElizabethx:

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
13 yr old son eats cereal or waffles for breakfast, a salad ( with meat or nuts ) and a yoghurt or string cheese and a coke/ sun drop
( only caffiene for the day)

Snack Afterschool , more cheese, two/ three cookies like half a bag of chicken wings some afternoons. Dinner with the fam ( sometimes more wings)

Decaf tea before bed
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I have to watch the berries when they come in season.... My son will eat any flavor of any berry, the whole carton in a sitting! Healthy? Absolutely? Pricey at the beginning and end of a season? Holy crap, YES!

Quoting xElizabethx:

wenchmommy381
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Breakfast on school days: cereal with milk. Saturday: Pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Sunday: bacon egg and cheese on a bagel.

Lunch: Sandwich, iced tea, and one of the many snacks I include in his lunch box (yogurt, chips, rice crispy treat, or carrots).

Dinner: Whatever I make. He doesn't like dark meat from chicken, but other than that he pretty much eats whatever I give him.

Roo1234
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Our daughter is lactose intolerant and nearly vegetarian.

She eats a lot of spinach, and fresh veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers) as well as a ton of other seasonal ones. She prefers cauliflower to broccoli, not a fan of carrots. But pretty much everything I prepare except maybe brussel sprouts and cabbage.

Apples and oranges, raspberries, plums, pluots, not bananas (she has never liked them, even as a baby)

She prefers salmon, but will eat cod and hake.

We ask that she eat a little chicken if we are haing it for dinner just because she is a growing dancer and puts a lot of demands on her body and we want her to be concious of what she needs to eat.

Lots and lots of whole grain pastas and breads, 

a huge variety of beans (chickpeas, black beans, white kidney beans, etc.) often in a vairey of homemade hummus recipes.

almonds

peanut butter

a few ounces of cheese nearly every day.

She drinks a ton of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN