Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your tween eat?

Posted by   + Show Post

What does a normal day look like for your tween food-wise?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Replies (11-16):
jojo_star
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Breakfast is cereal, or whatever breakfast foods are cooked, lunch is a sandwich or salad (he's my healthiest kid and loves salads) with usually some fruit or more veggies, then a yogurt snack when he comes home from school, and for dinner, whatever I cook, though he usually stays away from meat, besides fish and chicken, and doesn't like most staple foods, like rice, potatoes, or noodles. I always worry that he doesn't eat enough, because while he eats a lot of fruits and veggies, not much else, but he's growing like crazy, he's taller than I am and only 11. 

xElizabethx
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I'm thinking maybe I'm over reacting. DD just eats so quickly and so much at once and she insists she is starving. This is pretty new behavior for her. She is my only so we've never been through puberty with a kid before and oh man have we come across some surprises so far.... Today she hasn't actually had that much to eat. She had special K chocolate and strawberry cereal this am with skim milk, chicken fingers (hot school lunch), and hummus with corn tortilla chips this afternoon.
elkmomma
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

LOL  My kitchen is a mess when he's done "cooking" .   He has 3 choices for breakfast, school lunch most of the time, and dinner is whatever we make and he has no option.  Weekends are most often a fend for yourself (all of us) unless I or SO make plans.  We're lucky; DS loves fruit and most veggies, rarely argues about the meat choice and only gives us crap on weekends over soda/pop.

wolfgirlbec
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM
She'll often have grits,(frozen)waffles,eggs or pancakes for breakfast. We eat alot of japanese and medierranean type foods & she will make bento lunches for her & ds.(steamed rice with meat or fish,fruit for dessert- most often apples or oranges,her faves! and soup or a veggie like carrot sticks or wakame or japanese cucumber salad. Afterschool,she is your " typical tween", snacking on popcorn or chips,cookies,fozen yogurt or ice cream etc. Dinner varies & we usually have fruit &/ or something for dessert.
Sarlinda
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

It seems like lately our 12 yo will eat anything and everything. She's always had a very healthy appetite but it's increased recently. ( probably a growth spurt) Normally she eats cereal or french toast sticks for breakfast with orange juice. Lunch is at school during the week. She loves corn dogs, turkey and cheese sandwiches on wheat..raw veggies dipped in ranch dressing. Etc..

RayneofTerror
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Pancakes ( she makes them most every day for the family) then school lunch and wot ever we have for dinner. Paige will eat anything. She isn't fussy at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)