Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans
To play with a 5 1/2 year old?
Full on playing like playing dolls, playing school, playing Legos, making up games, playing dress up...

I have no opinion on the matter except it crossed my mind. I realized tonight that my daughter who is right at 12 coming very soon, has no real interest in a lot of friends, 12 year old things, maturing, growing up, except for playing constantly with her little brother. Please don't take my question as if I have a problem with it at all. But I realized tonight how immature she is and how she is not how I was when I was her age. (Thank goodness)

She has a few girlfriends at school. But it seems her best friend is her little brother. And I don't know what to think of it. Be grateful or be concerned.

Thanks for any input.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Replies (161-163):
LadyKDL
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM

My daughter is 16, going on 17 and she is so into Disney shows...she is not at all where I was when I was her age, but at the same time she is so mature. Enjoy it, encourage it.

bosmum
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM

She may be immature.  After all her main playmate is 5; but on the other side do not be in a hurry for her to grow up.  I think that I still played with my toys at 12; but shortly after that i grew out of them.

momof2ex1
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Thanks for posting! In the 6 months since i posted this, my daughter has changed in more ways than one. She is finally spending more time with friends outside of the home and has gotten rid of a lot of her younger toys. She still plays with her little brother but mostly she has really gotten in to reading and bike riding. She matured so much over the summer. It was like night and day.

Quoting bosmum:

She may be immature.  After all her main playmate is 5; but on the other side do not be in a hurry for her to grow up.  I think that I still played with my toys at 12; but shortly after that i grew out of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN