Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
Is it possible for a twelve year old to think that she is in love?My daughter has a boyfriend and she says she loves him.I guess i never had a boyfriend at that age.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on May. 5, 2007 at 12:01 AM

I think its puppy love at this age.........I dont know bout you but sometimes i cringe at the thought of her saying she has a bf lol .......... i tell her she cant date till she is 30 ( ha ha ) ..... sometimes its hard for me to see my daughter as a tween i still see her at the age of 2 lol.......... they are gonna go thru so many things in this period of time , sometimes i try to recollect my teenage years trying to put myself in my daughters shoes so I can try to see things from her i recall we all go boy crazy in our teen years so she is gonna like alot of different boys and yes say she loves them will pass the age of 12 i remember thinking boys were cute but i dont think i had any bf's till i was more like 13 or 14 and i only  think i had two that were actually bf's .............its puppy love

by on May. 5, 2007 at 12:13 AM
I had a bf in the 5th grade.  I told my son he wasn't aloud to have a gf yet. A girl asked him to be her bf at Valentinesday I said tell her your mother said not yet. He did!! What a good boy he said she is pretty maybe next year. I will deal with that then. Vinnie is in the 4th grade now so next yr we will have to see what happens. I do know that there are  "couples" in his 4th grade class though.
by on May. 5, 2007 at 1:13 AM
Damien is in the fifth grade and he has a girlfriend. He says they aren't in love though. However, Dylan is in the fourth grade and he has a girlfriend that he swears he is in love with her. He told me that they will get married when they grow up. I think what they do at this age is mistake friendship for love. They know they are best friends and they really care for each other, therefore they think they are in love. However, they don't even hold hands yet, so I am not too worried. I know if it keeps going at this rate, I will be over stressed.
by on May. 22, 2007 at 1:15 PM
My daughter has been exhibiting behavior like she is interested in boys as well. I have told her that there will be no magic age, it depends on her maturity level and such. If she can't seem to want to make sure she gets the strips from her sanitary pads out the bathroom floor, she definitely can't manage a romantic relationship.
by on May. 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM
i think they do have those feelings at that age!! scarey! it always blows me away to see all the affection going on, on campus, when i pick my son up from middle school!!  even tho he hasn't shown any interest in girls, his friends have!!
by on May. 22, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Jazmine (11) has a different S1S (some one special) each week it seems....She thinks that each one is just the cutest thing in the world but god for bid anyone call this boy her BOYFRIEND!!! I think its adorable but I am still safe in the knowledge that secretly she still thinks boys are icky!!!!

by on May. 23, 2007 at 10:11 AM

my 11 yr old twins have people the like but neither of them have said love yet  
Now my 22 yr old had a boyfriend when she was in the 3rd grade( they called it boyfriend/girlfriend) I think it was just friendship.  However they were together all the way until now.   She married him and they have a little 2 yr old little boy.  They stayed together even though from 1994 to 2000 we lived in Phx and he was in Texas, in 2000 when we moved back to Texas they were inseperatable and have been that way every since.   My 11yr old daughter, likes her brothers best friend, it is a on again off again like/hate things.   Our families spend every weekend together( we show rabbits together and hang out with each other) now this like/hate thing has been going on since Kindergarden, we all swear they will be married someday, so this means we will get spend all holidays and stuff with our best friends for the rest of our lifes.  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   However there is another b/g twin set in town and my twins and those twins like each other also, they each got each other something for Valentine's Day and are talking about spending the summer hanging out.   Kids are funny and feelings can change on a day to day basis.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)