Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age did you start?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM
  • 23 Replies
Hello moms... I have a ten yr old and she is starting to become a hellion. Her attitude has gone down hill real fast and her temper is of a bull. I am starting to think that she is gonna be starting her period right soon. It has been a very long time since I have started mine so I do not remember the symptoms or signs. I have bought her books on it and she has read them but everyones bodies are different. Yesterday at her softball game she got so mad that she threw a ball going around 55 mps at a girl less than ten ft away. That could really have hurt her. All because she was mad and moody. So mom's, plese give me some insight. How old were your girls or how old were you? I am really thinking her time is near and it happened to also be I started mine yesterday too. Could it be we might be on the same cycle when she starts. Please help!!!
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojobean558
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
My DD started hers two weeks after her 11th birthday. It was a big surprise to me because she wasn't moody at all. I don't remember what age I was when I first got mine but now she has hers then a week later I start mine. We don't really get moody just a little poutty and sencitive. My DH still doesn't believe she even gets it yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheartAH
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM
11.5 the first time, went away and came back a few months later at 12. Dd is 8.5 and had no signs of impending puberty yet so I'm hoping she holds off for awhile!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I started mine at 16, my sister (I'm her guardian) is 13 and hasn't started hers. Everyones different. Either way, getting your period is no excuse to throw a ball at someone which could kill them if it hit them in the head. I would get her into an anger management program and she would be in big trouble, she needs to know thats not acceptable no matter what and how to deal with her issues. 

peachymomma1981
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I started when I was in 6th grade (12 or so) but it sounds like she is getting ready to start.  I know with my mom and I we were almost on the same cycle.  I hope that is what it is for your sake.  I dont remember any of my first symptoms when I had my first one.  hugs

jojo_star
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I was 10, my daughter was 12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeemom37043
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I was 9...sucked.

bumNmoos_mom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM

9,,, wow,, that is real young, 

catngabsmom
by Erica on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM

i was 12, my dd was 11.5. she was extremely moody for about a year before she started, her mood swings have improved immensely and now it is just mild cranky PMS the week before. but mad, moody and violent is more than just pre-pubescent hormones.

jthompson1976
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM

i rember i was 10. i had no idea what was going on my mom didnt tell me any thing. i have a ten year old i thnk it well happen soon i need to talk to her i dont want her to be surprised like i was

bumNmoos_mom
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM

It's important that they know what to expect..

Quoting jthompson1976:

i rember i was 10. i had no idea what was going on my mom didnt tell me any thing. i have a ten year old i thnk it well happen soon i need to talk to her i dont want her to be surprised like i was

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)