Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Mastrbastion

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi everyone, I,am Reba1023

My daughter is 11 and she already has developed breasts and she is comfortable wearing a bra,we have already had the talk about the changes in her life that are beginning. She has not got her period yet but it is close. She tells me yesterday that she is touching herself. I told her that is natural because she is feeling the changes in her body. She already knows she can talk to me about anything. Is there anything I might have missed in my talk with her because she is feeling ashamed about playing with her self. I did tell her stories about myself growing up which made her feel better

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KristenLystly
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm very open with mine about this and all other subjects, but no matter how open you are, masturbation is an awkward topic!!!

Here is a funny line: 90% of all people masturbate, the other 10% lie lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amberrosesmom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

 As long as you cover the topic of its normal to experiment and she needs to make sure it is in the privacy of her own room.  That kind of stuff.  My DD has not mentioned she does that yet, and she is 11 also.  I try to make sure I am very open with her too about all of it so she is prepared.  Sounds like you did a good job making your DD feel better about it.  :)

SweetLuci
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

 This

Quoting Amberrosesmom:

 As long as you cover the topic of its normal to experiment and she needs to make sure it is in the privacy of her own room.  That kind of stuff.  My DD has not mentioned she does that yet, and she is 11 also.  I try to make sure I am very open with her too about all of it so she is prepared.  Sounds like you did a good job making your DD feel better about it.  :)

 

celestegood
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
This.

Quoting Amberrosesmom:

 As long as you cover the topic of its normal to experiment and she needs to make sure it is in the privacy of her own room.  That kind of stuff.  My DD has not mentioned she does that yet, and she is 11 also.  I try to make sure I am very open with her too about all of it so she is prepared.  Sounds like you did a good job making your DD feel better about it.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Just let her know its totally normal and everyone does it. Sounds like you have it figured out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I would talk about privacy and tell her to make sure her hands are clean before she does it. Girls can get yeast infections, bacterial infections, all kinds of stuff if they masturbate with dirty hands! Sounds like you handled it well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Good points. Tfs

Quoting Zamaria:

I would talk about privacy and tell her to make sure her hands are clean before she does it. Girls can get yeast infections, bacterial infections, all kinds of stuff if they masturbate with dirty hands! Sounds like you handled it well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

You've gotten some great advice.  Sounds like you have a good handle on it.  All part of growing up.   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN