Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

I Need Advice

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
My dd is being impossible lately. She will be 8 in June and has been so moody lately. One minute she is happy and sweet the next she is yelling at her sister and storming of crying. She has also been picking fights with her sister constantly (unlike her) and taking her sister's stuff. Just today she ate a piece of candy her sister had out and was eating. A little while ago her sister was talking a little loud. She yelled at her and stormed off crying. She has also been talking back to both her dad and me. I am at my wits end! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bellebean10
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I have been there. She sounds angry. Maybe a hug with some one on one time will help break the pattern? Then you can discuss ways to deal with her outburst and consequences??

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Quoting Bellebean10:

Oh, I have been there. She sounds angry. Maybe a hug with some one on one time will help break the pattern? Then you can discuss ways to deal with her outburst and consequences??

I don't see what she would need to be angry about. She gets plenty of hugs and one on one time.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Sounds like hormones are starting to kick in. When she is calm, remind her that she needs to be respectful of everyone and their things. When she acts up, be consistent w/ how you handle it.

KristenLystly
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I think it's important she knows 2 things: that you love and care about her, and that this behavior won't be tolerated. Girls can and will be moody. Being a total b#tch isn't acceptable. My dd is 13...I've been through this!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Quoting wakymom:

Sounds like hormones are starting to kick in. When she is calm, remind her that she needs to be respectful of everyone and their things. When she acts up, be consistent w/ how you handle it.

That's what I'm afraid of! Her daddy also walked in on her "exploring" the other day. Needless to say he now knocks or sends her little sister to get her. I am not ready to deal with this yet. I also think she is about to start developing breasts. I have noticed that they are a little "bumpy" looking lately (if that makes since).

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Quoting KristenLystly:

I think it's important she knows 2 things: that you love and care about her, and that this behavior won't be tolerated. Girls can and will be moody. Being a total b#tch isn't acceptable. My dd is 13...I've been through this!!!

She knows it! I was a moody teen. Never bad just moody. Looks like my mom was right I am going to get back what I dished out. I just figured it would be around 13 or 14.

Bellebean10
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Sorry..angry, moody... I used the word loosely. Totally was not implying any negligence on your behalf either.  

Quoting June3May4June3:

Quoting Bellebean10:

I don't see what she would need to be angry about. She gets plenty of hugs and one on one time.

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Quoting Bellebean10:

Sorry..angry, moody... I used the word loosely. Totally was not implying any negligence on your behalf either.  

Quoting June3May4June3:

Quoting Bellebean10:

Not a problem.:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)