Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

My DD said the funniest thing

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, my DD is 11 so I have 11 chores for her to do a week for $11.00.  Her chores are simple, sweep the kitchen, practice her instrument 2X week, take out garbage 2X week, clean room etc  Simple stuff.  No dishes, vaccuming, mopping or anything that takes any ong period of time.  So, she was doing great every week doing her chores and then all of a sudden...she goes to her room crying and talking about "she is not cinderella and she should not have to do the chores because she gets good grades and she thinks that good enough!!!!"  It was really funny that we figured out her chores together and one hormonal moment later she is having a melt down about it.  Ahhh the joy of hormones!! 

Marie

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM
2 moms liked this

hahahaha - tell her that if she wants to see what doing "everything" is like she can swap with you for a week! :P

csxt99
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Oh, the hormone rollercoaster!  That is one bitch of a ride and I am on it with you.  I have one daughter who is almost 22 and one daughter who just turned 12.  I am so not ready to jump back onto this awful ride!  Good luck to you!

jandhmommy
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM

:)

wenchmommy381
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Love this idea!

Quoting GleekingOut:

hahahaha - tell her that if she wants to see what doing "everything" is like she can swap with you for a week! :P

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I remember being 11 or 12 and pretending I was Cinderella whenever I had to do the dishes. Gotta love hormones. . . 

psych_mom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM
You pay her to practice her instrument?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I went through something similar....ds hit ten and hated his teacher and it showed in his grades. I had a " come to Jesus "meeting. I told him I had to work at my job whether I liked my supervisor or not to keep a roof over our heads blah blah

He looked me straight in the eye " so school is my job, right?" ( yes) so why don't I get paid?
Hah! THAT led to ANOTHER " Come to Jesus" meeting. Longer, harder to explain.
Btw ..... She WAS a total biotch! I understood, but still gotta produce tip top work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Itried to give my 12 yo chores, but it rarelt works. She doesn't have enough time to do chores, homework, and have a little "me " time, because she goes to afterschool tutoring 2x a week for an hour each plus she has tutoring that I may that's on Saturday every week for an hour. She doesn't have much down time. I just let her be. If her grades are still b's..I'm okay with picking up the chores slack.

janomoma
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

poor girl...thats hard....i tell my dd what if i had a carefree attitude like you and let the dishes go...the laundry pile up and the bills go unpaid....then she gets it....i just say we are all on the same team and the more help mom gets we can do fun stuff after....

Amberrosesmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Such a great idea!  Then she will see which one of us is Cinderella..haha.  J/K.

Quoting GleekingOut:

Marie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN