Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your tween do this already?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:26 AM
  • 37 Replies

DS wakes up an hour earlier than his sister. He is totally primping. Also he will be skipping a grade this up coming school yr. Maybe he is preparing himself for the older young ladies haha I have no idea.He is up jamming and all up in that mirror lol. I guess I got used to him not caring what he wore as long as it was clean and didn't take to much time on his appearance. 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberrosesmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

My DD spends plenty of time on her appearance and finding the cutest outfits and making sure her hair is just right and all I keep hearing is "Does this look cute?"  It's funny because I to can remember when she was trying to look different then the other kids and now she strives to be a carbon copy.  I'm almost saddened by the turn of events, but if it makes her happy that's the important thing.  :)

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

No, my tween is not yet spending extra time on his appearance.

Delta.Dawn
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Your lucky I was caught off guard a bit because my brother didn't do this until he was 15.

Quoting diaperstodating:

No, my tween is not yet spending extra time on his appearance.

Princessjn764
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
My son is slowly getting into this. He's almost 13. I usually have to tell him when to get in the shower, check his ears to make sure they're clean, nails clipped and clean etc but a few times he's gotten in the shower on his own and the asked me where the qtips and nail clippers were. He also had me buy him Axe bodywash. My daughter (10) has been like that since she was about 7. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My teen doesn't even do that yet. . .  I'm sure I'll be just as shocked when the time comes w/ both him and my tween. The closest wwe get is dd, who is 7. She doesn't exactly primp, but she does care more than her brothers about how she looks.

wenchmommy381
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

My oldest doesn't do that yet. He's just barely starting to care about what he's wearing. 

steelcrazy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

No, my tweens are very difficult to get up in the morning.  They like to sleep as absolutely late as they can and rush through getting ready.  They choose sleep over primping in front of the mirror every day of the week.

cocoroo
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM
My is 12 and in 6th grade. He doesn't care.
ThinkAgainMom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM

DD - 11 - 6th grade. Completely into her appearance. Has her own style. Won't wear things outside 'her' style. Has plenty of mirror time and about 12 different facial care/ complexion/soap products on her counter. Hair is the MOST important however.

My son is different, however. DS 14, Freshman. Doesn't 'primp' but now has his own opinion about when he does and does not need a haircut.  Actually washes his face and showers when  he needs to, without being prompted.  He does care what jeans he has and how they fit.  He got some very dark jeans a few weeks ago and informed me yesterday that he needs some light colored shirts (most of his are dark) because he doesn't want to be 'all dark'.  That's a lot of caring for him.  Comfort is still #1, almost all the time.  He has grown so tall, and is so thin, that he has to have mens' snow pants for skiing.  Well they don't make 'slim' in mens' sizes.  So his dad said he would have to get bib style snowpants. NO WAY was he wearing bibs.  He never skiied this year because he had no snow pants.  Hopefully he gains a little weight before next winter!

cgarlic
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM
My SS is 12 (we got him @ 10) and he doesn't care about anything. I've had to physically show him how to brush his teeth & hair properly. He has to be instructed step by step to get ready (usually repeatedly). DH has talked to him about hygiene several times & nothing. Is this normal? I think he is very immature.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)