Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

testicular tortion......

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
My 11 year old was complaining of pain in his left testicle so I took him to the ER. They did an ultrasound and saw a mass on his left testicle. They said it is a tortion of the appendix in the testicle. Right outside the testicle is an appendix (not the commonly referred to appendix) and it is basically twisted but not lacking any blood flow to the testi. He was released and was told to take ibuprofen every 4-6 hours and no sports for a week and it should resolve itself. We have to follow up with ther pediatric urologist.
I still feel a little nervous ......anyone have any experience with this in their child ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Zamaria
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM
No, not with my kids, but I have seen it several times when I worked in the ER at a hospital. As long as the kid takes it easy for a few days, it almost always takes care of itself. The thing is, you'll have to keep in mind for the future that it may happen again. It is painful, but with prompt treatment it isn't necessarily dangerous. As long as there is no blood restriction, he should be fine! Hope he feels better soon though! Poor kid! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BPiccini
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Thank you. According to web MD (I know, I know) it typically isn't reoccurring. Just a little scary and painful for my little guy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amberrosesmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I only have a girl but I would imagine that's got to be a little frightening at such a young age.  Good luck.  Hope it resolves itself like they said.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

No experience.

BPiccini
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Got a call from the Pediatric Urologist who said he needed to come in today. We are getting ready to leave for the appt.

Zamaria
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Praying that everything is ok!

Quoting BPiccini:

Got a call from the Pediatric Urologist who said he needed to come in today. We are getting ready to leave for the appt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BPiccini
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

It is, whew! Same as yesterday! Follow up in a week to assure it healed itself!

BPiccini
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM

thank you for the prayers!

wenchmommy381
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM

My husband said eh knew a guy in HS who literally got his testicles twisted in his scrotum. They had to go in, put them back and attach them to the inside of the scrotum to keep it from happening again.

So I guess it could have been worse. Hope he's feeling better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)